Good Citizen

Default Pics and short videos of 600 mile round trip

So we decided to go down to virginia last minute and my family and I decided to take a road trip to the beach. I figured this would be a good run for the x50 because it has yet to see the major highways and interstates. Going through the palisades parkway in ny we got hit with a K band by the parkway police with ample warning. Heading through northern jersey we got hit with some weak x constant on and it was exciting due to it was the first time driving in nj with the x50 and getting an actual x threat.

Heading down the jersey turnpike we got majorrrrrr ka hits from new jerseys finest. Mainly these were oncoming and did not pose a threat but on at least two occasions the troopers were off to the side running constant. So far so good. As new jersey went, Delaware came. Nothing to really write home about here just that I realized that the troopers definitively have some tricks up there sleeves with interesting selections of unmarked cars including chevy malibus in chapstick red and sky blue. Oh yeah and a major state trooper blitz! With Delaware came Three laser hits that scared the hell out of my family. On the road - 13 south within 1500 feet, 5 cars were pulled over by two unmarked and three marked troopers. I have some pictures of that that i snagged real quick as well.

Once the 2 hour drive through delaware came to a halt maryland came. Nothing really anything here just the usually ka hits from the maryland state troopers and local leos. As soon as virginia came it was time to take down the x50 and begin the naked journey without it.

Hope you guys enjoy! I including some pics and a short video.

`jdmcivic

crossing del memorial bridge
    ImageShack - Hosting :: delbridgeho4.jpg
    We made it!! - almost..
    ImageShack - Hosting :: delwarekr3.jpg
    forgot to take a pic of welcome to maryland so we skip to virginia
    ImageShack - Hosting :: virrq4.jpg

One person pulled over by unmarked malibu- skyblue
    ImageShack - Hosting :: cophc7.jpg
    ^ right to the right of that was a used car lot and another unmarked trooper was perpendiuclar to the road (blending in with the used cars) with the tinted window cracked about 25% open shooting laser at oncoming traffic.

200 feet up the road another car got it!
    ImageShack - Hosting :: cop2ng4.jpg
    ^in that picture further up the road another person got it.

^^these three people were all on the same road within 1500 feet. lol

quick video..was taken 10 seconds after first alert. nj port authority leo (thanks hockey shooting ka - so technically i almost got an alert in two different states xD
    YouTube - ka band hit nj state trooper
    Last edited by jdmcivic25; 07-18-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Neat stuff! Last summer I discovered how heavy radar and laser use is in the northeastern part of the country.

Banned

Glad you had a good trip!

I've seen little to no action at all this week. Would of had a great 'around the curve' save last Wed but I wasn't speeding!

Scratonicity Groupie

Delaware:

From Wilmington to Dover, on 1 you are mainly going to see moving constant on KA.
    From Dover to the Beaches you will run into lots of Pro 3 & Stalker LZ1.

There main speed trap is right after you cross over from Maryland on I-95. There is a long stretch, with a HUGE grass median. They have one big cop shoot laser, and up ahead place about OH 20 cruisers.

I loved living in Delaware. But until they remove the red light cameras I wouldn't go back.

Old Timer

seriously i have never been hit with Ka from NJSP..ever..everyone says they use it so but i swear i have never been hit! just X and laser

Good Citizen

yeah hockey all i got hit with was ka from the njsp

Old Timer

in that vid that is not NJSP...thats a port authority leo

Speed Demon

great pictures and good video!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    in that vid that is not NJSP...thats a port authority leo
    good eyes. my mistake. either way thou njsp still were running constant on ka on the turnpike