Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Professional

Default Re: Hello from Russia

LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder

LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder measures vehicle speed and range for traffic control. The main advantage of LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is the use of narrow-beam light of semiconductor laser operating at wavelength of 0.8 µm and avalanche photodiode as the receiver that allows to distinguish any vehicle in heavy traffic. The device realizes the pulsed method of ranging with automatic calculation of radial velocity. LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder performs:
    • single measurement of speed and range by pushing of start button or by external signal
    • automatic over-speed control mode, that is measurement of ther speed and range of objects at exceeding of speed limit
    • registration of time of an over-speed accident
    • operation under usual and difficult environmental conditions such as light snow, rain or fog
    • serviceability control mode

Specifications Measurement speed0 - 250 km/h Maximum range to car400 m Measurement range2 - 999 m Range measurement accuracy± 0.3 m +0.001 L Measurement time0.45 s Directional pattern width0.004 x 0.004 rad Field of sight view6° Lifetime5 x 106 cycles InterfaceRS-232 Power supply:
    - 6V, 4 AA battery (1000 measurements at 20 °C)
    - external power supply 12 +-2V, 0.2A Overall dimensions210 x 170 x 92 mm Weightno more 1.3 kg Operating temperature range-30...+50 °C Safety standard: LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is eye-safe device and corresponds to Class 1 LISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder also registers a signal miss or loss, eliminates measurement errors because of jumping to another vehicle, automatically makes up to 10 repeat measurements in case of unsuccessful previous ones, has audible signaling indicative of operation and exceeding a speed limit.
    &nbspLISD-2M Laser Velocimeter & Rangefinder is designed as a single unit with a built-in battery. At the front of the device there is the sight eyepiece with the built-in digital indicator, the controls, the liquid-crystal display, the mains and interface plugs. The start button is placed at the top of housing. The device is provided by shoulder belt or could be set on a tripod.

Yoda of Radar

Ah yes. Cat and mouse game, indeed!

Speed Demon

With any luck, it will be a couple years before Belgorod gets lasers, since Russian cops generally don't care if they pull over the right people with their radars or not and few people have radar detectors right now...

Newcomer

Well, I absolutely agree with you. Belgorod is quite calm town. And laser radars came in the far future.
    But now I'm going to Sochi resort by car. I must drive more than 1300 kilometers through such big cities like Rostov and Krasnodar. And there are hundreds policemen near Rostov with different radars. This is a harvest time for them.
    So, I must be patient and smart. And RD will keep me too I think.
    Today I payed for Whistler PRO-68. Hope, I recieve it before I leave my town.

Speed Demon

Good luck! Have fun driving on Russian highways!

Newcomer

Oh, please... highways... our roads are in permanent repairing. And cops use it completely.
    Fancy the perfect highway. You are relaxed and driving with about 110-120 km/h. Suddenly, you see a sign about 80 km/h limitation. After 10 meters 60 km/h limitation and next 40 km/h. Specifically behind last sign you see speedcam but... it's too late
    So, there is a one piece about Russian highways. ... to be continued...

Speed Demon

110-120?

:P

Speed Demon

Also, what changed in the past 10 years that the speed traps are not immediately liquidated? The police surely cannot guard all of them all the time...

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lidper24 View Post

This is the highway from Moscow to Riga (Latvia)!

Speed Demon

I think most highways outside the MKAD (Moscow ring road) share many of the same
    "design features"