Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snoopyc4

Default Re: Retried Cop saying hello

Welcome to the forum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Very cool how you have the Shifter controller mounted! I miss having that little compartment in my old Cherokee.

I'll go ahead and be the first to say it though; if you really think that ZR3 is giving you the slightest bit of protection, you're fooling yourself. You've simply been lucky. And a ZR4 won't do any better. Don't let it give you a false sense of security, because it's giving you no protection.
    I appreciate what you have to say. Why have I not been stopped? The last time I was hit I was doing about 95mph. He had me dead to rights and this was at night with me the only one on the road. What would you suggest that I buy that you think works? I would agree if it just happend a couple of times but I am at a dozen or so now and have not had a ticket in over 15 years. Thats not luck...
    - Show quoted text -

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Very cool how you have the Shifter controller mounted! I miss having that little compartment in my old Cherokee.

I'll go ahead and be the first to say it though; if you really think that ZR3 is giving you the slightest bit of protection, you're fooling yourself. You've simply been lucky. And a ZR4 won't do any better. Don't let it give you a false sense of security, because it's giving you no protection.
    I appreciate what you have to say. Why have I not been stopped? The last time I was hit I was doing about 95mph. He had me dead to rights and this was at night with me the only one on the road. What would you suggest that I buy that you think works? I would agree if it just happend a couple of times but I am at a dozen or so now and have not had a ticket in over 15 years. Thats not luck...
    - Show quoted text -
    Jammers work best at night. From jamer tests that Lidar groups here have done, we have seen that the ZR3/4 is usually the work performing jammer; also, the zr3/4 doesn't work very well on anything larger than a car. If yours has been saving you though, great, keep up the good work ! I used to run ZR4s on my truck but I had to use almost every passive countermeasure available to help me achieve "ticket saving" performance. Truck/Suv owners normally use either the Blinder 40 series or the LI dual.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jstglockem View Post
    Why have I not been stopped?
    That's the point. We simply have no way of knowing why you weren't stopped. But we both know there are a good dozen different reasons that it might have been. And pretty much my full time job these days is testing people's laser jammer set-ups, so I can say with confidence that there is not even the very slightest chance that a ZR3 or ZR4 would make any difference whatsoever on your vehicle. It only makes a slight difference on a totally blacked out and Veiled Honda. It would take a Blinder at the very minimum to give you a sporting chance against any LIDAR gun on that vehicle. That's not speculation. That's not passing on something I read. That is my objective observation from a year of shooting and testing every type of laser jammer made on a wide variety of different vehicles. I just don't want to see you get pwn3d by a false sense of security, Bro.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Lead Foot

Welcome to the forum fellow V1 zombie.

Advanced Member

So like I said in my long posting that the 2 antennas are posionted right on the
    outsides of my Piaa lights and the fog lights that come standard from ford. Could it be that the cops aim for the lights on the front of my vehilce. I know when I ran laser I always aimed for the center. Or could it be that I only wrote one ticket in 17 years and that was beacuse someone died. I caught a Viper doing 142 in a 45mph zone. I gave him a verbal warining I would just give verbal warinings. I was one of those cops that did not let the badge go to my head and would rather help someone then cost them money.

Newcomer

Question Re: Retried Cop saying hello

Now that you are being "retried", do you expect the conviction to be overturned?

What was it - a speeding ticket?

Welcome.

There are a few testimonials from cops I have heard, but would love one from a former copper.

So you had it on your BB but didn't use it much?

Last edited by Sean@trapster.com; 08-26-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Power User

Wow, I love this thread:

1) Retired LEO.

2) Retired LEO using a V1.

3) Retired LEO using a V1 in Virginia.

4) Retired LEO using a laser jammer.

5) Retired LEO who wrote 1 ticket in 17 years.

6) Retired LEO who drives speeds you get in trouble with.

7) Retired LEO who thinks the VA law is ridiculous and is willing to fight.

8) Retired LEO who knows his tatics of (hopefully) not JTGing, hiding behind other vehicles, lane management, etc.

9) A V10 Ford Excursion with a 44 gallon tank with a driver not afraid to test it's capabilities.