Professional

Default Hello from Florida

Hello,

Before I say anything else I want to thank the people who put this board here. There is such a wealth of useful information here that is was even a little overwhelming to go through it all. This has been, and still is an educational experience. I suspect I am getting addicted to it though

In the time that I have been reading this stuff, I have learned quite a few new things that have been very helpful in deciding on which (if any) new countermeasures to buy for my Celica. I have also come across a number of threads that really made me feel a need to contribute to the discussion, so I finally decided to join.

I am also hoping to find a meet in driving distance of sunny South Florida where I can participate and test my countermeasures too.

Anyway, Thanks to everyone for all of this great discussion. This is truly a Godsend to those of us who are new to most of this stuff.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Hello from Florida

You're in one of the very best states for laser testing meets, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting tested once you get some countermeasures installed. We're looking to do another open meet sometime this summer, but no firm date yet. If you can make it to one, it's a great opportunity to see things in action before you buy. But definitely don't put it off too long waiting if you're doing a lot of driving!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

South Florida Meeting is coming soon...

Mobile Installer

welcome.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    You're in one of the very best states for laser testing meets, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting tested once you get some countermeasures installed. We're looking to do another open meet sometime this summer, but no firm date yet. If you can make it to one, it's a great opportunity to see things in action before you buy. But definitely don't put it off too long waiting if you're doing a lot of driving!
    I'm glad to hear that it will be so easy to find a meet. This is great news, though I wouldn't mind a road trip either. I can always think up another excuse for that ;-)

I actually have my M27 installed, and have veiled my headlights. I also already have the Laser shield on my plate, but am considering removing it, as I have seen posts here that cause me to question it's effectiveness.

I am going to order 2 heads for the rear and Veil my tail lights next week (weather permitting).

I actually have already had my first laser encounter with the M27, and I think it did well. The laser alarm continued on both my RD and the Blinder for what seemed like an eternity. I eventually killed the Blinder to make sure the cop could get a reading at some point. It seemed I only had a couple of hundred feet to go to reach his position.

When I did kill the blinder, the RD stopped it's Laser warning too.

It looks to me like I probably have a working Blinder install! Now I just want to get some protection on my rear and get it all tested, which I am guessing should be a lot of fun.

Yoda of Radar

A Laser Shield is a good idea with most set-ups, especially the Blinder. What it does particularly well is to arrest the off-axis reflections from the licence plate on close-up shots. Except under those circumstances, front plates are not really much of a problem for a competent jammer.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Welcome to our forum

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.