Default Re: Greetings from France

welcome to the forum

Experienced

Welcome to the forum!

Newcomer

Allex,

Welcome, I live in France also and have been using an RX65 but it is a USA model thus K band detection is limited. In after thought a euro-tuned RX65 would have been better. I use a coyote also and it is indispensible on the autoroutes. I find an RD would be useful in town where coyote usage is more limited and speedtraps harder to spot.

I haven't heard of any spectres RDD in France either.

I have no experience with jammers so I can't help you there.

I've been thinking of a PRO-78. It appears there detection and selectivity is good (on US equipment) and in case of RDD's they are quite hard to detect in respect to others.

A+

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt77 View Post
    Allex,

Welcome, I live in France also and have been using an RX65 but it is a USA model thus K band detection is limited. In after thought a euro-tuned RX65 would have been better. I use a coyote also and it is indispensible on the autoroutes. I find an RD would be useful in town where coyote usage is more limited and speedtraps harder to spot.

I've been thinking of a PRO-78. It appears there detection and selectivity is good (on US equipment) and in case of RDD's they are quite hard to detect in respect to others.

A+

Patrick
    Patrick,

You are confusing K band with Ka band. In France and most west european countries your detetcor should have a Ka NARROW band feature which limits the wideband Ka band to just small frequency sections which are used in your country.
    In France and most european countries you will find plenty of Mulatnova 6F photo radar which operates on a low output 34,36 ghz frequency. Most detetcors with only Ka wideband (e.g. Bel RX 65 USA model) will not safely detect this photo radar. You will find some Beltronics models in Europe which habe been tuned for Europe (and Australia). The Valentine One is probably your best choice or the Bel STI-R Plus which is a remote installed detetcor which is also equipped with GPS for fixed radar stations.

Advanced Member

Welcome to the club.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Newcomer

[QUOTE=radarmeister;802212]
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt77 View Post
    Allex,

A+

Patrick
    Patrick,

You are confusing K band with Ka band. In France and most west european countries your detetcor should have a Ka NARROW band feature which limits the wideband Ka band to just small frequency sections which are used in your country.
    In France and most european countries you will find plenty of Mulatnova 6F photo radar which operates on a low output 34,36 ghz frequency.

Radarmeister,

I drive for a living here in France and see mostly K band. All the fixed radar cabins and what we call the "Hibou" or owl in french uses the Mesta 210C which operates on 24.125 ghz. Of course I'm not including LIDAR which is quite popular. The RX65 USA version is horrible for the MESTA 210C.

Do you see the Multanova's here??

Patrick