Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gives?

Newcomer

Default What gives?

I wrote a heartfelt intro along with the back-story of why I joined this forum. I checked "submitt thread"...result - its nowhere to be found. Is there an approval process for new threads? Did I not make the cut?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: What gives?

Welcome.

Power User

Welcome. Did you lose your internet connection for a few moments? Happens to me sometimes using my wireless connection.

Newcomer

I just reposted the same story that I originally posted but in a different section and it said "requires moderators approval". So I guess once approved, I'll have 2 of the same posts, just slightly different. Great...

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum, what kind of CM are you running?

Speed Demon

welcome to the forum fellow texan

Newcomer

Thanks for the reception. My current CM consist of my eyes (20/20 vision) and a heavy use of rabbits. I've been doing my homework on RD's after my most recent encounter of San Antonio PD. My original post (and my 2nd post in a different section) described how I got jacked. I'm not motivated to describe it for a third time since it required moderator approval and somehow didn't make the cut...I'm perplexed since it didn't include any foul language or any sort of questionable content.

Needless to say I am now motivated to provide myself with a fighting chance. I travel a lot for work (35,000+ miles per year) from Brownsville, the valley, Laredo, San Antonio, Austin, on west to midland and Odessa. It's mostly interstate and US hwy driving. That is why I'm leaning towards the V1 as of right now.

Based on the roads I primarily drive is the V1 my top choice?

RadarBusters Associate

Quote Originally Posted by StangTX View Post
    I just reposted the same story that I originally posted but in a different section and it said "requires moderators approval". So I guess once approved, I'll have 2 of the same posts, just slightly different. Great...
    welcome to the forum, i apologize for this inconvenince, I'll take a look through the needs approval thread and see if I can find and approve it for you.

Good Citizen

That happens a lot on this forum, Stang. I don't think any moderators ever look at them because they never seem to appear. It's very difficult to have any sort of discussion here. I have never seen such a thing before in all my time on the internet.

Speed Demon

Welcome to the forum.
    The V1 is an excellent choice in a window mount unit based on your driving area. If you want a remote unit, I would recommend the STi Plus. The Plus is the top detector on the market but it's expensive, needs to be installed and can't be moved between cars. Others may chime in with other suggestions.