Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: LI Dual installed in a Lotus Elise

Quote Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
    I almost had it tested today -- as I was getting ready to exit the freeway, I pulled into the merge lane (merge on from a ramp I just passed -- merge off ahead) I had punched it and could have easily been 80mph+. I look up an notice a LEO in the divide ahead (basically directly ahead of me < 200 yards). No LI alert / no V1 alert - throw out the anchor and pass him (on my left) as I exit the freeway. I look back and he's backing up and headed my way. CRAP!

He's not in a hurry and eventually goes in a different direction. He must have been looking at freeway traffic and got bored. After that I went and bought a lottery ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by atticuss187 View Post
    Great write up and sweet install. I'd get that car tested a.s.a.p. Since the headlights on the lotus wrap around a lot, I can definitely see some PT's due to the lower and recessed installation. I could be wrong, but only testing will tell.
    What's the best way to get the car tested? I don't know anyone local that is into this stuff.

Funny! I know the feeling I can't wait until I get mines.

snoopyc4

Jammer heads are way too recessed. Anyway you can bring them a little past the bumper?

What's the best way to get the car tested? I don't know anyone local that is into this stuff.
    Find an enthusiast (non-LEO) with a laser gun. I believe the closest one to you is in Nevada.

Radar Fanatic

find out what lidar guns they use in your area then PM Suf daddy for a rental. or buy one like i did.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    find out what lidar guns they use in your area then PM Suf daddy for a rental. or buy one like i did.
    Would you mind adding your info to the list?

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...r-testers.html