Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser LI Installed in Jetta 2012 Pictures

Here is a 2012 jetta with a three unit system. Two in the front and one in the rear. I also run a Redline radar detector on the front window. IMG_0376.jpgIMG_0378.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0381.jpgIMG_0384.jpg

Newcomer

Default Re: Laser LI Installed in Jetta 2012 Pictures

Nice! Looks pretty clean man! Have you had a chance to test them out?

Newcomer

I have a smaller test with several guns on the tester that cliff sends you. I need to try and find someone with a gun in Des Moines Iowa.

Experienced

what type brackets did you use may i ask? im looking to use some other type mount that is better than the 3m idea. It has been ok for me but isnt 100% level and as you know 3m is hard to get off so i was going to use the brackets and try again but it looks like you have clips or something. please advise or any help ide really appreciate it.final LI pics install 004.JPGfinal LI pics install 003.JPG

Newcomer

The place that installed them did a hell of a job. They took the grill out and used this thing to bend the L brackets and drill them in a different spots so the heads are level.

Experienced

are they located in florida by any chance..i am really wanting to redo my mounting if they dont test good but yours is like the 3rd ive seen like that. gives me at least an idea of what they did to bend it. i have the addition aluminum brackets too. thanx im thinking of making them perfect but i will have to pull off a small miracle to fit them as nice as yours...if there a known place all over usa like a best buy or something plz lemmie know, i may need help with the mounting depending on how my tests come out.

Newcomer

All I did was go to *** website and found where they had installers in my area. Then I asked them to install it for me. I took in pictures and explained everything to them. That they need to be sticking out and view able at a 45 degree angle. To have three units installed it cost me $217 not bad if you ask me.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Town View Post
    All I did was go to *** website and found where they had installers in my area. Then I asked them to install it for me. I took in pictures and explained everything to them. That they need to be sticking out and view able at a 45 degree angle. To have three units installed it cost me $217 not bad if you ask me.
    That's a good deal - my dual up front was $250, but a good install is worth it!

goodtimes40, you should check local auto/radio places and see if anyone's done a LJ install before. Usually they ones that have will know what you're talking about - you don't want to be their first...

Lead Foot

Great install, by the way!

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseventy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Town View Post
    That's a good deal - my dual up front was $250, but a good install is worth it!

goodtimes40, you should check local auto/radio places and see if anyone's done a LJ install before. Usually they ones that have will know what you're talking about - you don't want to be their first...
    I already spent a day removing my blinder and reinstalling my Li's. I am just having to install the mounting brackets(xtra big aluminum ones-there xtra not the small ones that come with) anyways, thats good to know for when i get new car with a quad setup...i may be buying an additional 2 heads right now if they will work with my dual 8.9. as i think theres room for 2 more. either case, im gonna maybe have it done later by a best buy, etc i do know a place but best buy wanted 300$ and not even going to place the jammers where i wanted them(best buy wont cut your grill,etc so they wouldnt even put them where i wanted.
    anyways i enjoy doing this myself. it gets done right, and perfect and free. if i didnt have the xtra time, i would find someone else to install. right now im fine but i wanna remove the 3m and replace with the mounting bracket and screw the jammer in and this will give me a more sturdy stealthy install that instead of being on a 1.5"inch platform for the jammer to be 3m with, ill use the bracket and 3m the bracket to car and fold up the mounting bracket so i can turn the head slightly to the left or right in order to align perfect with my laser level.
    i am going to tackle this this week. i have my buddy coming to visit and hell help me. then i will be getting tested. i was gonna test sooner but i want it to be perfect and permamnet and if theres any issue ill be able to do some adjusting right then and there while shooting laser at the install. With my current setup with 3m only, if it doesnt test well, im stuck for the day till i make changes. using brackets, i may simply have to turn left or right ever slightly to get it perfectly aligned. right now im within 5% of the one jammer and even better on the other jammer but once i redo the mounting, they will be 100% level both ways not 99%. i have the tools, its just taking the time to do it and now that i have someone helping me test, current firmware, and all heads firing its time for me to remount and set up and test! tahnx again.
    best buy wanted to put below each headlight under the bumper where yes its flat but its also not protecting my center mass or each headlight with their install ideas so i like to do my owm with my buddy. final LI pics install 003.JPGLi before tweek front 12 12 001.JPGLi before tweek front 12 12 003.JPG