Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheetah.....

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by lukenosewalker
    My issue here is that I'm worried that I won't be able to tell when there's a problem with my heads since I have the Cheetah, will the 3 beep falsing still go through and alert through the cheetah?
    The Cheetah Laser Jammer Interface will react in three different ways, depending on the jammer audio.

If the jammer audio tone is constant, as in a real laser hit, your Cheetah display unit will react immediately and will play its audio alert cycle rapidly one time after another.

If the jammer audio tone is cycling intermittently, as in a parking sensor alert, a 2 beep scenario or the 3 beep scenario described above, your display unit will leave a noticeable pause between audio alert cycles. Your Cheetah display unit will react on the third jammer audio tone.

If the jammer audio tone is only an isolated single or double beep, the Cheetah display unit will not react. This avoids unecessary alerts during jammer resets.

The only exception would be when the parking sensor is beeping rapidly to warn of a very close object. This could be interpreted as a constant tone.

As Nomad described for the LPP, if the connection between an LPP head and LPP interface is lost, your Cheetah display will give a warning. If the connection between the LJI and LPP buzzer is broken during normal operation, your Cheetah display will give a warning. If there is a power supply fault, the Wireless connection symbol on your Cheetah display will go out.

If your Cheetah display unit is showing a fault, it's very easy to identify the cause by simply looking at the status LED on the connector cable. If the LED cycles solid red with brief flashes off, then check the LPP head to LPP interface connection. If the LED is flashing red, then this is a parking sensor alert. If the LED is flashing green (normal status) but your Cheetah display is alerting, then check the LJI to LPP interface connection. If your Cheetah display is not showing a wireless connection and the status LED is not illuminated then there is a power supply issue.

There is additional technical info in the support section of our website, under Support > Wireless Fitting Kits.
    http://www.speedcheetah.com/scshop/p...g_kits.html#q5

may I also add, my mrs loves it in her car!! She said the mirror is great! She uses it for speed camera and red light camera Locations.

Experienced

Then my questions were definitely answered, thanks!

So, now I really don't have anything but good things to say about cheetah.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by lukenosewalker
    So, now I really don't have anything but good things to say about cheetah.
    Thanks guys!!