Newcomer

Default A few jammer questions for my subaru

For the last few weeks I've been searching the forums extensively and have been reading a ton online about laser jammers. Although I have an idea of what I need I still have a few questions which I hope you guys can help me with. First off the car it will be put on is a black 2006 subaru WRX, with a front new york plate, the car is driven mainly on long island, and also when I'm away at school in rhode island. Since my car isn't that large I figured that a pretty safe, affordable setup would be a single head LPP, I'm guessing placed above or below the license plate. I was also looking at a LI, since they seem to peform great, but was wondering if it would really be worth the extra money since it seems they only sell dual head models of the LI, which cost more then the single head LPP. Thanks in advance for your help

If you can afford it, even if you have to wait a little longer, then yes go for a dual head LI since they will preform so much better and its actualy saving you money because your going to need atleast a dual head of something for okay preformance..a single head of anything wont do you much good at all from what I've seen I guess that's why LI only comes with dual head.
    hope this helps.

Old Timer

Welcome, fellow Scooby-lover.

Although a single-head LPP/AL should provide good protection for you under most circumstances (particularly serving the front-plate up as "bait," and with the jammer mounted either directly above or below), it's no guaranty.

This is particularly true if your local enforcers are fond of extreme close-range engagements or if your vehicle's jammer setup was somehow placed in an unfavorable position, versus the particular enforcement scenario (i.e. on the LPP Support Forums, there's the tale of a fellow LPP user whose single-head setup, which had proven itself worthy many times prior, unfortunately failed in one particular instance where the engagement scenario was truly extreme and unfavorable to his physical setup).

If cost is an issue, but you perceive the need for a jammer to be "emergent," I would say that you could temporarily mount a single LPP/AL head dead-center, and make-do with good-caution while you skip a few cups of coffee or a lunch here and there, and gather up the funds to add the second head.

Just as valid a way of going about this would be to drive a little more carefully until you've saved-up enough cash to, from the onset, pursue a dual-head setup of the LI, LPP, or AL.

Newcomer

Default Re: A few jammer questions for my subaru

garrett ?

Professional

If you do go dual LI here is how someone on the laser interceptor forum did theirs.
    http:
    //85.125.82.130/LaserInterceptor/smf/index.php?topic=46.0

didn't put into a url because I dont think it will show up with low post count
    Last edited by trailtow; 03-25-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Professional

Original post is over 2 months old.

Professional

woops just saw the post above mine