Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Re: Porsche 997C4S install

[quote=richardyoo;548545]
    Quote Originally Posted by speed-dreams View Post
    And on the dual-LI vette it still PT on the truspeed.
    Yeah but I think that was at 50 feet or something, and then I ran it again and got JTG and JFG.

Thats great about the Porsche with the jam on rear with only 1 sensor. I still think I would feel a little more comfortable with both heads in the rear, but on the other hand, the odds of getting shot in the ass is pretty slim compared to the front

WaltBurkett or anyone else that's used a laser gun on LI jammers - can you comment on whether HP (horizontal and vertical diode) or regular sensors were used. The difference in price is substantial.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
    WaltBurkett or anyone else that's used a laser gun on LI jammers - can you comment on whether HP (horizontal and vertical diode) or regular sensors were used. The difference in price is substantial.
    I believe it depends on the car... I like regular dual better .
    During the testing, the regular dual performed better than the HP LI dual.

Good Citizen

I was a little disappointed in the LI HP. One guy, I believe was Radman, had them on the front of his 350z and I expected JTG for sure, but he had a couple of PT's. Although the headlights on his car are huge and his heads needed a little more better placement, I still expected them to JTG. Now granted the PT's were very very close, so out in the real world, Im sure it wouldnt even be an issue. I would say save your money and get the regular LI.

Thank you both very much for the inputs. You've sold me on the regular LI heads along with a 9500ci setup. I think that might be the best permanently mounted system. ... and of course a bit of Veil on the head and tail lights.

I had considered buying the two HP head kit for the front and buying two regular heads separately for the back - one CPU can handle up to 4 heads; I don't know if you can mix and match them but I'd give it a try had you guys convinced me to go with the HP heads. Now, it sounds like simply going with 4 regular LI heads is the best solution.

Power User

Thank you both very much for the inputs. You've sold me on the regular LI heads along with a 9500ci setup. I think that might be the best permanently mounted system. ... and of course a bit of Veil on the head and tail lights.

I had considered buying the two HP head kit for the front and buying two regular heads separately for the back - one CPU can handle up to 4 heads; I don't know if you can mix and match them but I'd give it a try had you guys convinced me to go with the HP heads. Now, it sounds like simply going with 4 regular LI heads is the best solution.
    Just get your setup tested once it's ready and you'll see what a regular Dual LI is capable of...

Yoda of Radar

Now, it sounds like simply going with 4 regular LI heads is the best solution.
    Agreed. What colour are you considering?

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Stealthed Like a B-2

Great install brotha, and very suprised at the rear results quite impressive. Good luck and good speeding

Good Citizen

iflyjetzzz,

Mine was the standard power LI model.

Walt- iflyjetzzz2 (Tomcat/A320)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    Great install brotha, and very suprised at the rear results quite impressive. Good luck and good speeding
    Why are you surprised by the rear results? Already showed the world what to expect from a properly installed "single" LI head last year.

Those pondering the purchase if a HP LI system for anything smaller than a H2 are wasting their time and money.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!