Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: So, you see what happened was........

Quote Originally Posted by Meech_G35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
    He stated that "I will see you in court because your guns don't match, that means that they are inaccurate and not calibrated".

F
    Ouch, the qoute of a sore loser. Sounds like paid a pretty penny for a piss poor install.... (not to mention that car looks tough to mount the front heads properly)
    Just a stupid thing to say, "see you in court". Then you know the LEO will definitely show up and pwn3d you.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    He stated that "I will see you in court because your guns don't match, that means that they are inaccurate and not calibrated".

F
    Ouch, the qoute of a sore loser. Sounds like paid a pretty penny for a piss poor install.... (not to mention that car looks tough to mount the front heads properly)
    Just a stupid thing to say, "see you in court". Then you know the LEO will definitely show up and pwn3d you.
    Exactly. That's something you really don't want to say to a cop, unless you're a lawyer.

It really seems to me that he thought he was immune to getting his speed measured, and was flaunting this in front of Fritter and partner. If at all possible I think I would never mention anything about a jammer or detector to any LEO that stopped me. I call it just plain stupid on the driver's part.

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

My parter gets a lock at 85mph(posted 65). I also hit him with my talon and registered 84mph.

Sounds like someone never learned the difference between accuracy and precision. Trying to argue that both the devices were inaccurate because they were within 1 MPH of the same speed doesn't even make any sense.

Good Citizen

F
    Within one mile per hour of each other and two LEO's standing in front of the judge, I'd pay big money to see this one.

Experienced

F
    Haha, that's almost as bad as "I know my rights!".

Street Lawyer

Sitting on the knoll with my partner when he hits a small black car heading north on Mopac. My parter gets a lock at 85mph(posted 65). I also hit him with my talon and registered 84mph. We both go after him and as we pull him over I see some sensors on the rear of his car. He's driving the pontiac sports car, the new one, I forget what it's called.

Long story short, he's got a blinder and he's not happy. He said that it was impossible for my partner to "get a lock" on him because his jammer was alerting and "actively jamming". We showed him both the radar and the laser. He stated that "I will see you in court because your guns don't match, that means that they are inaccurate and not calibrated".

I think he was sore because of the punch through. He wouldn't let me take pictures but I let him know about the sight.

F
    1mph difference on the Talon, when the manufacture's manual states tolerance of +/- 1mph? Good luck in court noob, you bagged this one Fritter, make sure you AND your partner show up in court.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    interesting....how did the install look?
    As soon as I heard Pontiac, I figured it was a bad install. The mounting options on Pontiacs are slightly worse than those on BMWs. He's just SOL with that car.
    I need a new car

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Fritter, here's a related question.

I understand the manufacturers specify a range in which their devices are supposed to be accurate. I'm not familiar with the law in Texas but I assume there are situations where one MPH makes the difference between one level of penalties and a less severe one. Would you knock off one MPH from a ticket if it meant the accused would face fewer penalties, or just write down what it says knowing it could be one MPH off?

I round down to the nearest 5. If you are going 78 in a 55 you will get cited for 75.

F

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ersin View Post

F
    Exactly. That's something you really don't want to say to a cop, unless you're a lawyer.

It really seems to me that he thought he was immune to getting his speed measured, and was flaunting this in front of Fritter and partner. If at all possible I think I would never mention anything about a jammer or detector to any LEO that stopped me. I call it just plain stupid on the driver's part.
    This ^.

To tell a LEO that he could not possibly have gotten your speed because of your jammer is nothing short of retarded IMO . People this thick do not deserve to have them as they will ruin it for everyone .

Not to forget the part that he was clocked on a radar gun too. Uninformed/ignorant people like that will always get pwnt sooner or later.

Over here in Ireland, jammers are already illegal but I would not want every Tom Dick and Harry going around JTGing and getting caught like that all the same as it would only serve to inform the cops here that they are being used and then they might start actively looking for them .