Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Re: Next generation laser guns

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticRadar View Post
    Ins companies donate this kind of $$$? Your out of your mind- If any ins company is donating anything these days maybe it will be a free donut and coffee at a local shop.

And to think INS companies pay for LIDAR guns for the local, county LEOs. Think again and smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
    If your in the US i wouldnt worry about it. All the cities and counties are experiencing major budget cutbacks. I wouldnt expect any LEOS getting any new toys anytime soon.
    i thought that the insurance companies "support and donate" to LEAs and in this case they always find money to do so.
    You're the one that needs to smell the coffee. Insurance companies absolutely do this - it's not a donation, but an investment. They wind up making money in the long run from all of the citations (they can jack up premiums).

In fact, GEICO was 100 percent behind the development of the original LIDAR Gun, the LTI 20/20.
    Last edited by computerpro3; 09-27-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Good Citizen

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...er-models.html

Cliff is welcome to put his input in here, but I emailed him and he says LI does not have this update on their gun yet. So until they do, use some caution guys!
    ORLY?

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Quote Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post
    Ins companies donate this kind of $$$? Your out of your mind- If any ins company is donating anything these days maybe it will be a free donut and coffee at a local shop.

And to think INS companies pay for LIDAR guns for the local, county LEOs. Think again and smell the coffee.

If your in the US i wouldnt worry about it. All the cities and counties are experiencing major budget cutbacks. I wouldnt expect any LEOS getting any new toys anytime soon.
    i thought that the insurance companies "support and donate" to LEAs and in this case they always find money to do so.
    You're the one that needs to smell the coffee. Insurance companies absolutely do this - it's not a donation, but an investment. They wind up making money in the long run from all of the citations (they can jack up premiums).

In fact, GEICO was 100 percent behind the development of the original LIDAR Gun, the LTI 20/20.
    A lizard invented the first lidar gun?

What does that mean, that they where behind the dev 100 percent ? Eitherway being behind a thing to develop is one thing, but to supply the local and county LEOs with Lidars nationwide is another thing; especially when its on there dime. Being we are at the end of 2010 going into 2011, i remain unconvinced that the Lizard/Buffet or any other INS Co is supplying entire LEO dpts with New Lidars this year or even next. Show me the proof then ill show u proof that LEO dpts around the entire country are experiencing major budget shortfalls. And in some cases resulting in lay-offs and in addition to that, most if not all capital investments are on hold; even for major corps who are not dependant on Fed or State funding like the Lizard from Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post

Last edited by ExoticRadar; 09-28-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Lead Foot

What does that mean, that they where behind the dev 100 percent ? Eitherway being behind a thing to develop is one thing, but to supply the local and county LEOs with Lidars nationwide is another thing; especially when its on there dime. Being we are at the end of 2010 going into 2011, i remain unconvinced that the Lizard/Buffet or any other INS Co is supplying entire LEO dpts with New Lidars this year or even next. Show me the proof then ill show u proof that LEO dpts around the entire country are experiencing major budget shortfalls. And in some cases resulting in lay-offs and in addition to that, most if not all capital investments are on hold; even for major corps who are not dependant on Fed or State funding like the Lizard from Omaha.
    Perhaps you could search before making false statements and questioning in the manner in which you have.

Without Geiko LTI would not be in business. And yes - Geiko has given several guns to LEOs across the country and could continue to do so. Have a read at this. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/the...here-be-light/

I can assure you that several departments in NYS received some in the past and currently have a state contract that is being used to buy these guns. A Lidar Gun is about $1900 currently per state contract (Truspeed, LA and Pro III). If they issue 20 tickets in NY it pays for itself, not to mention the $800 driver assessment award if it applies to the specific driver in NYS. They have not stopped buying these devices and I have seen Purchase orders for over 20 truspeeds issued in the last few months by NYS.

http://www.ogs.state.ny.us/purchase/...820721210p.pdf
    Last edited by samq45; 10-01-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Radar Fanatic

The way I see it is that new guns do come out, and indeed they are at first unjammable. However, it takes considerable time (from when we first learn about these new units) for new lidar guns to to show up in the hands of LEOs. In that time period jammer companies are able to come up with a fix. As long as the user stays on top of what is going on in the LIDAR world they should be fine; if a new gun comes out it is the users responsibility to know that there jammer can handle it and if it needs new software they have to make sure they do the update.

Quote Originally Posted by carter840 View Post
    The way I see it is that new guns do come out, and indeed they are at first unjammable. However, it takes considerable time (from when we first learn about these new units) for new lidar guns to to show up in the hands of LEOs. In that time period jammer companies are able to come up with a fix. As long as the user stays on top of what is going on in the LIDAR world they should be fine; if a new gun comes out it is the users responsibility to know that there jammer can handle it and if it needs new software they have to make sure they do the update.
    Do you know if one can subscribe to a newsletter by email that will
    send automatically the latest news in the jam sphere ?

Of course here is still the best place to stay tuned !
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by samq45 View Post
    I can assure you that several departments in NYS received some in the past and currently have a state contract that is being used to buy these guns. A Lidar Gun is about $1900 currently per state contract (Truspeed, LA and Pro III). If they issue 20 tickets in NY it pays for itself, not to mention the $800 driver assessment award if it applies to the specific driver in NYS. They have not stopped buying these devices and I have seen Purchase orders for over 20 truspeeds issued in the last few months by NYS.

Nice find!!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samq45 View Post

Nice find!!
    That is the revised pricing for a recession apparently.

I would find it hard to believe that any department would purchase a new gun that costs over $3,000 (Laser Alley) given the price drop of the LA and a few others over the past few months. Looks like the Truspeed has taken considerable market share and LA has dropped their bid price quite a bit to compete. Also I know there is a local LTI rep here in NY protecting their turf and ensuring any other guns do not compete with them.

Anyone from Laser Alley buying lunch for all the troopers training at the airport?

Laser Alley's entrance into the market could not have come at a worse time with established competition lowering their gross margin, but we may still see a few around if some were provided as "samples"
    Last edited by samq45; 10-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Speed Demon

Even if there are *new* lidar guns coming out, even if they are *undefeatable* by current jammers, keep in mind that lidar guns have a long lifespan and are rather expensive purchases, so there aren't really a lot of them sold in a given year. So, yes you could buy a LJ and get owned by some new gun, but I'd say the odds are very, very much against that happening.
    However, the odds of getting a lidar ticket while speeding unprotected are or thousands of times higher.