Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Re: Jammers class b misdemeanor? Texas Federal Law violation?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    From what I've heard, Dallas cops actually have important stuff to worry about.
    I've met a two or three who didn't seem to.

Professional

Traffic unit, no. Everyone else, yes.

Newcomer

Been on the fence, since I live in TX, with getting LI. A trip to jail would def make me late for work. Ugh. If we find out in Aug that there is no trip to jail, can I still order LI or is it illegal to sell to customers in TX.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    x2! its very possible since they heavily use LIDAR there

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscolby View Post
    This sounds like something a county deputy or constable would do, not a DPD officer, even if he is traffic unit. Guys that are that into the job don't last long at DPD.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by jem58 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tido2012 View Post
    Update: a buddy of mine got told to take the jammers off his car this past weekend, because he was told by a cop " it would be bad if you got pulled over while driving and still have those jammers on your car." my friend was parked and a bike cop noticed the heads on his car. This was in uptown, Dallas. I wasn't with him and he did remove them after he got home. The guy has no way to stealth them, he drives a nice car and didn't want to make anymore holes just to get told to take them off a month from now. He wasn't too happy, although we both know that the cop telling you that while he noticed his parked car was/is not legal, we also know the cop would probably lose in court, but that wouldn't be a big waste considering he's not losing his salary by going to court over this whereas my buddy is losing quite a bit of money every day he misses from work. He's sure the reason why he told him is bc his ride is worth over 100k and he's under 30. I told my friend it's because the cop was probably pissed his date wasn't impressed by a 30 something year old bike cop in uptown and blew off his small talk bs.. Such is life, kinda sucks considering this guy actually works for his money and is not just a trust fund kid. Oh well.
    I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this post. You mean to tell use this actually happened? Come on Dude get real,are you trying to troll? I just can't believe this BS
    I dont know. This is what I was told. I go out in uptown quite a bit and not once have I had problems, which would have been for a lot more than a laser jammer ticket for sure. Either way, I hope I dont have that problem.
    Last edited by tido2012; 07-04-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by jem58 View Post
    Update: a buddy of mine got told to take the jammers off his car this past weekend, because he was told by a cop " it would be bad if you got pulled over while driving and still have those jammers on your car." my friend was parked and a bike cop noticed the heads on his car. This was in uptown, Dallas. I wasn't with him and he did remove them after he got home. The guy has no way to stealth them, he drives a nice car and didn't want to make anymore holes just to get told to take them off a month from now. He wasn't too happy, although we both know that the cop telling you that while he noticed his parked car was/is not legal, we also know the cop would probably lose in court, but that wouldn't be a big waste considering he's not losing his salary by going to court over this whereas my buddy is losing quite a bit of money every day he misses from work. He's sure the reason why he told him is bc his ride is worth over 100k and he's under 30. I told my friend it's because the cop was probably pissed his date wasn't impressed by a 30 something year old bike cop in uptown and blew off his small talk bs.. Such is life, kinda sucks considering this guy actually works for his money and is not just a trust fund kid. Oh well.
    I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this post. You mean to tell use this actually happened? Come on Dude get real,are you trying to troll? I just can't believe this BS
    x2. This sounds like bogus. From what I've heard, Dallas cops actually have important stuff to worry about.
    I agree, DPD is for real and doesn't have time to deal with this ****. This is just what I was told. Like I said I have yet to have any problems with DPD, for things that were a lot worse than a laser jammer, but this guy claims he did. I just dont want to run into an Irving PD that has nothing else to do. Its pretty pathetic, just driving around irving you can tell from the number of hits your radar detector takes that they dont have anything else to do aside from traffic violations. Either that or they're taking a tip from the tipping point and going with the broken windows theory, which works as a great excuse either way. To be honest, a few of these guys sound like they just wish they had more power and since their job gives them that power they use it. Let's be honest, a lot of them out in Irving are not the brightest, you dont have to be an attorney to realize that.

Lead Foot

...To be honest, a few of these guys sound like they just wish they had more power and since their job gives them that power they use it. Let's be honest, a lot of them out in Irving are not the brightest, you dont have to be an attorney to realize that.
    Ever read "How to Avoid Speeding Tickets!" by Matt Reynolds? He has some less than kind words about these kinds of cops.

Yoda of Radar

I agree, DPD is for real and doesn't have time to deal with this ****.
    Even the motor jocks, who have nothing but time to deal with this ****, are not known to care about anything but catching the easy targets to keep their numbers high. If you take the time to go fishing for something like a jammer, it takes time away from speed enforcement, which makes your activity numbers drop, which gets you a bad performance review. That's why they don't care.

That said, with the new law coming out now, you can bet that the word is spreading, and traffic cops are being briefed. Just like any new law (or toy), it will get some attention for awhile as officers familiarise themselves with it. A very small few will actually take it to heart and make a point of learning how to identify the signs of jammer use. But the vast majority will care about as much about jammers as they do about jaywalking.

Just remember, those very few that do care will be ARRESTING you, not just writing you a ticket.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Newcomer

Nope, never read it. I just clicked the amazon link...I may have to search around for it later for entertainment. Although, I kinda feel bad complaining about cops since I have a couple of friends that are cops, but then again the one in Houston is A LOT more vocal about what he thinks about these sorts of cops. Although, the fact that he's a cop kinda gives him the right to do so in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WDG View Post
    ...To be honest, a few of these guys sound like they just wish they had more power and since their job gives them that power they use it. Let's be honest, a lot of them out in Irving are not the brightest, you dont have to be an attorney to realize that.
    Ever read "How to Avoid Speeding Tickets!" by Matt Reynolds? He has some less than kind words about these kinds of cops.