Good Citizen

Default AL6.5, Laser Protector, etc -- confused

Is the Antilaser the SAME thing as the Laser Protector, just a different name/version?

If so, why is the Antilaser still available under the old name, and the old site, www.antilaser.info?

What are the different 'versions' of the Laser Protector? The postings I have skimmed through refer to the 'Laser Pro Park' which on the www.laserprotector.com website is advertised as a parking-assistance device.. is this a ..'veil'.. for other 'side effects' it might have, that might be considered illegal in some places?

From what it looks like on Laser Protector's webiste, the JAMMER is the Laser Pro DEFENDER, which isn't available yet and according to their website:

This page is a restricted access only by Local Authorities & Emergency services only. For the use of "Protection from friendly fire"

The laser defender has been specially designed for use by local authorities & emergency service vehicle departments or agencies.

This seems very sketchy to me.. so I did a check, and the Antilaser is registered in Croatia, whereas the Laser Protector contact info is in England ....

What's the story here?

Advanced Member

Laser Protector Pro-park is the same thing as the AntiLaser 6.5......Anti-Laser switched their name to laser protector in the UK. If you contact the laser protector folks they will direct you on where you can purchase it

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Laser Protector Pro-park is the same thing as the AntiLaser 6.5......Anti-Laser switched their name to laser protector in the UK. If you contact the laser protector folks they will direct you on where you can purchase it
    Jeeeez... I thought I was paying attention, but evidently not. I thought the pro-park was just the AL6, and we were all waiting or the 6.5 to make it production debut.

They need to put up a naming FAQ on their website(s).

Lead Foot

ya i asked the same thing awhile back....you e-mail Anti laser they always say 2 weeks or soon....

laser pro park if you email them you can order that np

Good Citizen

Default hmm

Ok.. so it's actually a jammer? and not just a device to aid in parking? From the writeup on the website, it sounds like it's a parking-assistance device, that has some helpful 'side effects'... such as alerting the driver of possible 'interference', and if necessary shut down the system....

It's not being advertised as a 'jammer' at all.. but I'm guessing you can either leave the thing on all the time, or switch it on when you want to 'park'.. doesn't say anything about turning itself 'on' when it detects 'interference'...

I'm all for avoiding problems with legality in banned areas by marketting it as something else, but ... I dunno.. I'd need to see this thing tested and in action I think, because it sounds like the Laser Pro 'DEFENDER' is the actual jammer, but only available to covertly operating LEOs to avoid 'friendly fire'....?

Advanced Member

Default Re: hmm

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    Ok.. so it's actually a jammer? and not just a device to aid in parking? From the writeup on the website, it sounds like it's a parking-assistance device, that has some helpful 'side effects'... such as alerting the driver of possible 'interference', and if necessary shut down the system....

It's not being advertised as a 'jammer' at all.. but I'm guessing you can either leave the thing on all the time, or switch it on when you want to 'park'.. doesn't say anything about turning itself 'on' when it detects 'interference'...

I'm all for avoiding problems with legality in banned areas by marketting it as something else, but ... I dunno.. I'd need to see this thing tested and in action I think, because it sounds like the Laser Pro 'DEFENDER' is the actual jammer, but only available to covertly operating LEOs to avoid 'friendly fire'....?

They are all jammers and the Laser Pro-Park is a jammer and parking sensor

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

If you want a full test wait for GOL testing in april

Good Citizen

Default Ah ha!

Thanks Jim! Just what I sorta suspected.. they are getting around legality issues in certain areas by having it marketted as a 'parking' device...cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/laserpropark.htm