Newcomer

Default Discovered full circuit schematics for Lidatek on a patents

I found full circuit schematic diagrams & theory of operation on Freepatentsonline.com

Patent number is 5793477. Search for it, click the resultant file & scroll down to view pdf images.

This one is dated august 1998, but provides more than a starting point for someone wanting to develop their own system. Hope it helps!

Si

Yoda of Radar

Very interesting.

Advanced Member

Yeah, seen it before. Those are for the old LE-10... :wink: If you look hard enough, you'll find similar info in Blinder's patent too...

Good Citizen

Jim,

Any no's for the Blinder patent??? Have looked for it before and the only one for Torben is 6833910.

This patent for Whistler gives a nice description for pulse detection: 5666120

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vonkie
    Any no's for the Blinder patent??? Have looked for it before and the only one for Torben is 6833910.
    That's it. If you're looking for a patent on an LED based Blinder, I dont think there is one, although I think the LED jammers use some of the techinques in the patent.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonkie
    That's it. If you're looking for a patent on an LED based Blinder, I dont think there is one, although I think the LED jammers use some of the techinques in the patent.
    OK I stand corrected! Maybe I should read better ops:
    See here:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinder Patent
    The optical transmitter 6 is in one embodiment a laser diode having typically a wavelength of 904-905 nm, and is in another embodiment an IR diode with a typical wavelength of 870 nm.
    Even though the patent circuit is somewhat dfferent than the current retail Blinders, could it be true that Blinder uses 870nm LED's???!!

If so, maybe the TSFF5200 LED with 10ns rise/fall that "andi" suggested in another thread would work with your constant-pulse shift register scheme!? Could that component be similar to what Blinder uses?

Jim

Scratonicity Groupie

that's a cool website, thanks for sharing.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    .... could it be true that Blinder uses 870nm LED's???!!

If so, maybe the TSFF5200 LED with 10ns rise/fall that "andi" suggested in another thread would work with your constant-pulse shift register scheme!? Could that component be similar to what Blinder uses?

Jim
    I suspect it will. I have been playing with "slow" 600 ns rise time 880 nm LED's and 2 things stand out:

-If you overdrive them with a short pulse (less than 300 ns) it is actually very hard to destroy them!!!! They will run well up to 2 Mhz, slight heat generated.

- If they heat up a bit then the radiating spectrum creeps up towards 900 nm

Also, keep in mind that LED's are CW rated most of the time. Although they are not powerful, how much is enough to jam a radar gun with its sensitive optics?????