Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Re: Interesting ZR4 Performance on a Nissan R35 GTR

If he revises his install to give the shifter heads a 100% clear view of the road ahead I doubt he'll ever be ticketed from any laser gun shot at the front of his ride.

LI zombie's can't get it through their head that the majority of jammers on the market will offer ticket saving performance which is all you ever need

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    LI zombie's can't get it through their head that the majority of jammers on the market will offer ticket saving performance which is all you ever need

Radar Fanatic

Okay, but if you own a car worth over 70,000... why not just spend the extra 100-200 for the BEST?

We all know it has the best performance of every laser jammer. There is no zombie excuse for it, it's the facts.

Experienced

Thanks for the comments.

Again, the owner of the GTR opted for the ZR4s to integrate them with his 9500i. If you dislike his shifter choice, you should see the shifters on his Porsche 997 C4S - He has ZR3s...

After purchasing the GTR, he put his Porsche promptly up for sale...

At least the owner went with the ZR4s. He was inquiring about the *** system and asked about my opinion of it. Of course, you can imagine what my response was to that....

Many people are simply convinced by what the salespeople tell them. They are not hobbyists. It's up to the good members of RD.Net to set them straight!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by WK446 View Post
    Many people are simply convinced by what the salespeople tell them. They are not hobbyists. It's up to the good members of RD.Net to set them straight!
    ^ Exactly.

I think we, in being so critical of these vehicle owners, need to understand that not everyone who buys a radar detector or laser-jammer knows what's "good for them."

Just as there are those here who are not interested, in the least, about their CARS, there are plenty of automotive enthusiasts - guys who love to drive fast, and who even do so on public roads - who simply don't know all that much, and may not even be INTERESTED in speed-detection countermeasures.

Not only that, but it should be noted that there's a distinct subset of automotive enthusiasts (again, including even those who either routinely speed or, for whatever reason, even engage in "street racing") who see the use of speed-detection countermeasures as being morally/ethically objectionable.

There's always the other side of the coin.

Manufacturer

For what its worth...

Earlier this week I was on a trip in several states which were using police laser and had two very good real-world experiences on my large metallic silver sedan.

Two Saves in Two Days

Not withstanding any particular controlled test result, in the real-world, where performance ultimately counts, I couldn't have been happier with these outcomes.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

EDIT

Cliff - C55
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 10-23-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Manufacturer

^If that comment was directed towards me, please don't try to "sell" me.

I believe this is a ZR4 forum, last I checked, and I am a satisfied owner who has yet to have been let down by its performance, thank you.

If your comment was not directed towards me, please disregard this post.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Experienced

My friend is happy with the performance of his ZR4 shifters. That's all that really matters. Quite frankly, as I stated before, I am pleasantly pleased with their performance on his vehicle. When reading these forums, a casual reader might come to the conclusion that the ZR4s would be virtually worthless/useless. I am more than happy to report that this is definitely not the case.

I'll most likely re-test the revised setup sometime this weekend.

If he revises his install to give the shifter heads a 100% clear view of the road ahead I doubt he'll ever be ticketed from any laser gun shot at the front of his ride.

Manufacturer

Amen, to that sentiment.

Veil Guy