Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZR4 rear fales

Newcomer

Default Re: ZR4 rear fales

Please don't think I am gloating cause I'm not, but.............................

I have two Honda CR-Vs, each with a 9500ix and a ZR4, one for me and one for my wife. I did both installations myself about 6 months ago. Each of the 9500s is mounted on a custom bracket that I fabricated. They are in the lower-left corner of the windshield, behind the state required decals and are under a baseball cap that just barely allows the display to be visible to the driver. The 9500 will detect radar signals but not laser since the 9500 is completely covered by the cap.

Last Sunday, I was buzzing down I-10 in the inside lane at just under 80 MPH (PSL is 65) when the laser alert/shifting went off (very loudly) and I could see a LEO about 300-400 feet ahead of me pointing his laser gun at me. I was so shocked that i didn't hit the brake at all. I just took my foot off the gas and went right by him. I didn't see the other one but the wife said there was another one parked on the right side of the freeway just waiting.......chase car, I'm guessing.

Since no one came after me, I have to assume that the ZR4 did it's job and saved me a ticket.

Last Wednesday, I was headed out from the house in a bit of a rush and was running down a nearby, usually busy residential/commercial street when the same thing happened. A totally unexpected, very loud blast and a laser alert/shifting indication on the 9500. I was doing about 40 in a 30 MPH zone. The LEO was about 300-400 feet from me and again, I just took my foot off the gas and coasted right on by him. He had the gun on me the whole time so I assume that he was unable to get a reading on me.

I have a package of VEIL on the kitchen counter. It came in about a week or so ago but I've been busy and didn't get around to applying it to the two Hondas yet. I swear that I will do mine tomorrow for sure and maybe the wife's car as well.

Yeahhhhh!!! The sun just came out here. (Houston, TX) I don't remember whan was the last time the sun was out. Couldn't have been that long but it sure seems like it. Maybe it will be good skydiving weather for the next few days.

I have had no issues of any kind with the ZR4s. As far as I can tell, they both do exactly what they are supposed to do. On the other hand, I don't believe for a minute that they are perfect. I violated the cardinal rule of speeders in the above two instances......I did not keep a rabbit out in front of me. I will try to remember to always keep a rabbit out in front for the rest of my life. One rabbit is worth ten jammers......and rabbits are free.

Jerry Lee
    Houston, TX.

Yoda of Radar

I don't know at what distance these encounters were, but my guess is that the LEO got a reading both times and you just weren't going fast enough to get a ticket. The ZR4s aren't powerful enough to protect that size of car at close range.

Also, you failed to slow down and shut them off, which is the proper procedure. But, considering that you are severely underprotected, it probably doesn't matter much.

Newcomer

djrams80 sez......I don't know at what distance these encounters were, but my guess is that the LEO got a reading both times and you just weren't going fast enough to get a ticket. The ZR4s aren't powerful enough to protect that size of car at close range.

Also, you failed to slow down and shut them off, which is the proper procedure. But, considering that you are severely underprotected, it probably doesn't matter much.

Jerry sez.......been doing a bunch of reading and I agree with you. I'm not sure I can justify popping for a couple of sets of the LI units just now but my ball says there may be some in my future.

I appreciate your comments.

Jerry

Yoda of Radar

In the meantime, you had better Veil the s**t out of the shiny areas on your cars. This is my ZR4s against my PLII without Veil:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxf7X4-dzrQ]YouTube - 9500ci(ZR4s) vs Kustom PLII[/ame]

and after Veil:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Zjrj9mF-I]YouTube - Kustom Pro Laser II vs 9500ci(ZR4s) with Veil G4 Added[/ame]

Radar Fanatic

WOW, Veil made a big difference.