Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Yoda of Radar

Default Re: New ZR4 On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgo55 View Post
    google Li and let me know if you still care to drop a grand+ for them
    Google Mustang and let me know why anyone would still want to own one. Come on, Man. Don't turn into a Goon on us.

...in my own testing I never had a punch thu higher then 500 on any gun on my car...
    That's like bragging that your body has never had punchthrough with anything lower than a .22 short. It's irrelevant, because you're still going to get killed by the vast majority of all LEO shots.

I have seen Li' get high punches at double that...
    Come on, Man. You're smarter than to make this kind of bogus argument. You know that punchthroughs are as dependent upon the install as they are on the jammer. PT on LI = poor install.

And Pl3 is a easy JTG so not sure what your getting at Have you ever tested a zr3/4 on a small car? you said you only talk about what you have done
    Yes, many, many times. I lost count of the ZRs I have tested on small cars in the last two years of testing any forum member who asked, almost every weekend. One of those small car owners already posted about it in this very thread and told you it failed.

On a car like mine they are enough to give u time to slow down before a ticket and yet they are how many years old??????
    This thread isn't about your car.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 03-09-2010 at 05:02 PM.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    google Li and let me know if you still care to drop a grand+ for them
    Google Mustang and let me know why anyone would still want to own one. Come on, Man. Don't turn into a Goon on us.

...in my own testing I never had a punch thu higher then 500 on any gun on my car...
    That's like bragging that your body has never had punchthrough with anything lower than a .22 short. It's irrelevant, because you're still going to get killed by the vast majority of all LEO shots.

I have seen Li' get high punches at double that...
    Come on, Man. You're smarter than to make this kind of bogus argument. You know that punchthroughs are as dependent upon the install as they are on the jammer. PT on LI = poor install.

And Pl3 is a easy JTG so not sure what your getting at Have you ever tested a zr3/4 on a small car? you said you only talk about what you have done
    Yes, many, many times. I lost count of the ZRs I have tested on small cars in the last two years of testing any forum member who asked, almost every weekend. One of those small car owners already posted about it in this very thread and told you it failed.

On a car like mine they are enough to give u time to slow down before a ticket and yet they are how many years old??????
    This thread isn't about your car.
    This guy seems like a goon to me.

Manufacturer

idontgo55,

i may get thrown under the bus for saying this (wouldn't be the first time, though) but i believe if you would be willing to veil in the mix with either the zr4 or the m27/m47 your results would be good.

it's been my personal experiences that the performance differences between jammers are greatly reduced when veil is added as a performance enhancement.

if you look at the GoL results, you'll see this and remember their sample car wasn't even completely protected to the degree it should have been with veil (ie; they forgot to treat the fog lamps). Had it been, the performance of the zr4 would have improved even further.

on my silver bimmer (no a small car), my 9500ci/zr4 combined with veil has never let me down (and that includes being shot in the rear in ky).

of course using veil with any jammer, will give it a boost. veil is most effective on the stalker lz1 (which happens to be one of the hardest guns for a jammer to jam). that makes for one powerful combination. in my opinion.

vg

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy View Post
    it's been my personal experiences that the performance differences between jammers are greatly reduced when veil is added as a performance enhancement.
    There's no doubt about that. Time and time again, Veil has been shown to cut PT distance by up to fifty-percent or better. In a set up with only minor vulnerabilities (like say an Mx7 off-axis), Veil is an excellent investment, worth much more than it actually costs.

Unfortunately, too many people expect outright miracles though. Veil needs to have something to work with to start with. And cutting a 1200 foot PT distance in half doesn't really get you much closer to protection than you were.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Radar Fanatic

idontgo55,

i may get thrown under the bus for saying this (wouldn't be the first time, though) but i believe if you would be willing to veil in the mix with either the zr4 or the m27/m47 your results would be good.

if you look at the GoL results, you'll see this and remember their sample car wasn't even completely protected to the degree it should have been with veil (ie; they forgot to treat the fog lamps). Had it been, the performance of the zr4 would have improved even further.

on my silver bimmer (no a small car), my 9500ci/zr4 combined with veil has never let me down (and that includes being shot in the rear in ky).

of course using veil with any jammer, will give it a boost. veil is most effective on the stalker lz1 (which happens to be one of the hardest guns for a jammer to jam). that makes for one powerful combination. in my opinion.

vg
    As for the m27, m47 I haven't got them in yet but they will be JTG and JFG ...I'm pretty sure since somebody same car got that which veil isn't needed as for zr's I agree it might help some

I'm 100% of saves no rear shot's which is worth somewhere about $3,000

I wouldn't pay 90 bucks to see if veil looks good on my car I seen to many people have it that it looks like ....crap...I don't look at GOL again I look at my own test

Experienced

idontgo55,

vg
    As for the m27, m47 I haven't got them in yet but they will be JTG and JFG ...I'm pretty sure since somebody same car got that which veil isn't needed as for zr's I agree it might help some

I wouldn't pay 90 bucks to see if veil looks good on my car I seen to many people have it that it looks like ....crap...I don't look at GOL again I look at my own test
    I'm not so sure i would say that.
    The m27/47 is definitely an excellent jammer, but it still can get chewed up by some of the stronger guns(Stalker, U/L 20/20) without the use of Veil. The Stalker LZ-1 can even get punchthroughs via the headlights on the LI at times, w/o veil. It's usually a good idea to use Veil with blinders, since this helps them greatly. A blinder m27 with a good Veil coating is close to the performance of the LI, in my opinion. The rear jammers usually have issues protecting the taillights, so ultimately i wouldn't call your future setup a locked "JTG or JFG."
    Last edited by andycj7; 03-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Yoda of Radar

As for the m27, m47 I haven't got them in yet but they will be JTG and JFG
    The Blinders will not be JFG on that car. No way in hell. Mustangs have horrible mounting options on the rear.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by andycj7 View Post
    idontgo55,

vg

I'm not so sure i would say that.
    The m27/47 is definitely an excellent jammer, but it still can get chewed up by some of the stronger guns(Stalker, U/L 20/20) without the use of Veil. The Stalker LZ-1 can even get punchthroughs via the headlights on the LI at times, w/o veil. It's usually a good idea to use Veil with blinders, since this helps them greatly. A blinder m27 with a good Veil coating is close to the performance of the LI, in my opinion. The rear jammers usually have issues protecting the taillights, so ultimately i wouldn't call your future setup a locked "JTG or JFG."

...If M47's can get JTG On a f150 with no veil it can On pretty much anything

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Yb09aeVE&hl=en

only one front hit at 328ft that wasn't from the LZ1 either

Think about a smaller car with smaller highlights hmmmm Good chance of JTG without veil ...I'll have to see about the JFG

either way 100bucks for veil is dumb ....If I get any punches with M47's it will be under 100ft Just wait and see

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    As for the m27, m47 I haven't got them in yet but they will be JTG and JFG
    The Blinders will not be JFG on that car. No way in hell. Mustangs have horrible mounting options on the rear.
    We should see blinder guy told me somebody has done it with my same car ...and got either jfg or jtg ...with maybe a punch of 100ft at times

I'll put them on top of my plate or at the bottom of the bumper
    Last edited by Idontgo55; 03-16-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Banned

The biggest issue we face here in Georgia is this state has the most reflective tags in the union. I'm not making that up, someone did some testing and came up with these lidar numbers (tag alone):

Worst plate: Georgia license plate, by itself = 2577 ft
    Best plate: Colorado license plate, by itself = 1339 ft

An extremely thin coat of Veil on the tag will probably help, and I'll be testing that in the next few days. I've found a different way to apply Veil to tags that looks very good that is not standard brushing or air-brush. Due to their bright backgrounds tags are very hard to get a coating on them which looks even... until now. Just waiting for a replacement can to arrive (long story, but suffice to say Veil has stood behind their product! ) and the testing will begin.