Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: If not the ZR3 then What???

Relax there. All I said was I think my car will do significantly better than the test vehicle. Did I say impossible PT or JTG every time? No.

I've already been saved twice.

Radar Fanatic

I am one of the few people that like and use the ZR3/4, but I would not expect a ZR3 to protect me on a yellow charger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    I am one of the few people that like and use the ZR3/4, but I would not expect a ZR3 to protect me on a yellow charger.
    Luckily for me with ZR4's on my TL body style and with the HID's on i get JTG.

This is a great forum I love all the advice, that ZR3 is still on the market but I think Im just gonna get a good detector first then save up for a jammer. Where is a good place to find dectors used or new at a good deal I know I know you gotta pay to play, but theres gotta be a better place to find detectors other than ebay and craigslist.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    You're not JTG to everything, I guarantee it. You've only tested a few guns. The ZR4s perform much worse against the Stalker, the Markman and the Ultralyte, then the three guns you've tested.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    You're not JTG to everything, I guarantee it. You've only tested a few guns. The ZR4s perform much worse against the Stalker, the Markman and the Ultralyte, then the three guns you've tested.
    True, but no matter where we shot with the ones we did use we got JTG. Not saying another gun or a certain spot wouldn't get 100ft or something. However the ZR4's on certain cars do better than one would think here.
    Last edited by CJR238; 03-25-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Banned

I'm guessing a Stalker or Ultralyte would probably PT well before 200 ft. All the tests I've witnessed show they are much harder to protect against. With chrome the Stalker is especially hard to protect since its a "bright" gun. With the UL, chrome and color are far less factors since it's effectiveness is due to a narrow beam --- jammer sensitivity seems to be a key factor with it. I'd be worried about a false sense of security until its tested against a Stalker and U/L.

I'd consider wiring a relay in to turn the headlights on automatically and Veiling the fogs at the very least.
    Last edited by The Chariot; 03-25-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    I'm guessing a Stalker or Ultralyte would probably PT well before 200 ft. All the tests I've witnessed show they are much harder to protect against. With chrome the Stalker is especially hard to protect since its a "bright" gun. With the UL, chrome and color are far less factors since it's effectiveness is due to a narrow beam --- jammer sensitivity seems to be a key factor with it. I'd be worried about a false sense of security until its tested against a Stalker and U/L.
    Well i guess ill have to wait till someone has one to test with my ZR4's. However its not a big deal to me, TruSpeed is primarily used around me, and it appears its growing in usage. Its a very nice small gun, farley easy to use, and i had a lot of fun shooting it.

Banned

Well i guess ill have to wait till someone has one to test with my ZR4's. However its not a big deal to me, TruSpeed is primarily used around me, and it appears its growing in usage. Its a very nice small gun, farley easy to use, and i had a lot of fun shooting it.
    Well, that's a big plus, its an easy gun to jam. Consider passive CM's (Veil) on the fogs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    Well, that's a big plus, its an easy gun to jam. Consider passive CM's (Veil) on the fogs.
    I don't actually have fogs in the lower grill, and Veil my diminish my HID lights from assisting my jamming.
    Last edited by CJR238; 03-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.