Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default ZR4's did better than expected

Well I traveled up to Radar Roy's place yesterday to test my setup against four of his LIDAR guns (Laser Atlanta Speed Laser, Kustom ProLite, LTI Ultralyte, and the Stalker LZ-1). Thanks again Roy, I really had a great time! This test was mainly for fun but I also wanted to see how my setup performed and not just take someone's word for it.
    As you can see in my profile, I drive a large metallic silver sedan but in spite of this, the ZR4's were very effective against all but the Stalker (big surprise). I did record a few of the runs but they were pretty shaky. I will crop them and post in this thread as soon as I can. In the mean time here are my "amateur" results:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZXCLxmIc-k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3dLNUXQL4[/ame]

Laser Atlanta = 3 runs: 3/3 JTG; 3/3 JFG
    Kustom ProLite = 4 runs: 3/4 JTG (1 PT @ approximately 200'); 2/2 JFG
    LTI Ultralyte = 4 runs: 4/4 JTG ***Edited***
    Stalker LZ-1 = 4 runs: 4/4 PT @ approximately 800'; 0/4 JFG

My random thoughts from this experience are as follows:

1) First and foremost, this was a lot more fun than I expected it to be

2) The ZR4's work well enough (on my car) to give me solid piece of mind that I'm protected against LIDAR guns in use in my area.

3) Laser detection was lightning quick (even though it announced "POP alert" )

4) Although there are jammers that perform better, the ZR4's are usefull...no regrets buying this unit!

5) Holding the gun steady while recording is waaaay tougher than I thought it would be!

6) If I encounter a Stalker with my ZR4's, I'm toast...period dot!
    Last edited by Silver Bullet; 04-08-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Link added

Experienced

Default Re: ZR4's did better than expected

Wow, the ZR4 was 4/4 JTG and 4/4 JFG against the LTI20/20? Who was the shooter to get those results? This is against ONE head in the rear?

snoopyc4

I am shocked. In all my testing, I have never seen a ZR4 do this well against the Ultralyte or get anywhere near JFG against it.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by andycj7 View Post
    Wow, the ZR4 was 4/4 JTG and 4/4 JFG against the LTI20/20? Who was the shooter to get those results? This is against ONE head in the rear?
    You're correct the JFG was a cut and paste error from the Laser Atlanta...I will correct it now. I do have a couple of videos that I will post but they are pretty shaky. I was the shooter so these are very amateur tests. That said, the LTI was not effective against my vehicle and I was able to JTG on each run. I have VEIL so maybe that helped

Banned

Roy wasn't the one firing the lidar guns, was he? Sounds like poor aim. I've busted LI heads just by changing where I aim... and JTG with the same gun and heads by aiming at a more vulnerable spot. One way to almost guarantee JTG with most systems it to aim directly at the heads.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I am shocked. In all my testing, I have never seen a ZR4 do this well against the Ultralyte or get anywhere near JFG against it.
    Agreed! Let me shoot that car with an Ultralyte. I'll be absolutely blown away if I get anywhere near those results. I've shot a bunch of cars equipped with ZR4s and the Ultralyte destroys them all. This I gotta see for myself.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    Roy wasn't the one firing the lidar guns, was he? Sounds like poor aim. I've busted LI heads just by changing where I aim... and JTG with the same gun and heads by aiming at a more vulnerable spot. One way to almost guarantee JTG with most systems it to aim directly at the heads.
    No I was shooting and my buddy was driving my car. As I said earlier in the post I am by no means an expert. Maybe I was doing something wrong, maybe the gun was not stable enough throughout the run. In one of the videos the beam was bouncing around the front of the car (headlights, grill area, etc) but even so I would think it would be able to obtain a reading?? It was windy and was very difficult recording and keeping the gun still. For the shots we didn't record the gun was pretty still and we were able to JTG.

Banned

Banned

I was impressed with my ZR4's praformance as well, even though it was agenst the weaker guns.

Ya, its tough to run video while shooting, almost impossible.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    In one of the videos the beam was bouncing around the front of the car (headlights, grill area, etc) but even so I would think it would be able to obtain a reading??
    Keeping the gun stable is a must when testing laser jammers. That is why a tripod is used most of the time. That is also why you sometimes see LEOs prop the gun on the side of their patrol car when they shoot.