Good Citizen

Default How can you tell if your VEIL shipment was tampered with?

I received my Veil today. However, the no tamper seal on the can was broken. The VEIL itself was wrapped in a brown tissue like paper and has a long strip of black electrical tape arond the lip of the lid and the tamper seal is under that.

Is this normal?

Manufacturer

Abe, in general, no, that is not normal. However, a small number of containers have been apparently mis-assembled in little ways - it is an entirely manual/by-hand assembly process.

It appears that a small number of outer containers are missing their serial number as well.

The most important seal that should not be broken is the interior container's seal. If that seal is missing and/or badly damaged then I would be a bit more suspicious.

In Roy's case, the product goes directly from our assembly plant to him, with no middle-man or oganization in between.

The electrical tape was employed along with the bag to minimize damage in shipping.

In our next production run we will be addressing some of the packaging issues that we have experienced this last time out and hopefully these abberations will be completely excised...That's what we are striving for.

If after you used the product you have any remaining questions, please contact me directly and we will see to it that we remedy the situation for you.

In the meantime, please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Abe, in general, no, that is not normal. However, a small number of containers have been apparently mis-assembled in little ways - it is an entirely manual/by-hand assembly process.

It appears that a small number of outer containers are missing their serial number as well.

The most important seal that should not be broken is the interior container's seal. If that seal is missing and/or badly damaged then I would be a bit more suspicious.

In Roy's case, the product goes directly from our assembly plant to him, with no middle-man or oganization in between.

The electrical tape was employed along with the bag to minimize damage in shipping.

In our next production run we will be addressing some of the packaging issues that we have experienced this last time out and hopefully these abberations will be completely excised...That's what we are striving for.

If after you used the product you have any remaining questions, please contact me directly and we will see to it that we remedy the situation for you.

In the meantime, please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Veil Guy 8)
    Thanks for the prompt response and no worries, no inconvenience! Just wanted to make sure this was status quo before I ripped into it and possibly put something on the car that wasn't up to par. I'll proceed forward and let y'all know how it goes!

Thanks again, Veil Guy! (Do you have like, a super hero out fit with a V on it or something? Theme music...and then a deep, "It's Veil Guy" introduction or something?)

Power User

Default Re: How can you tell if your VEIL shipment was tampered with

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman
    I received my Veil today. However, the no tamper seal on the can was broken. The VEIL itself was wrapped in a brown tissue like paper and has a long strip of black electrical tape arond the lip of the lid and the tamper seal is under that.

Is this normal?
    maybe the UPS driver veiled his truck!

Manufacturer

holein1,

Oh oh, the word's out...FedEx to follow suit. :shock:

Veil Guy :wink:
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Manufacturer

Abe Froman,

Veil Guy