Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Re: Airbrushing Veil

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb986 View Post
    Here is a pic of the veiled license plate cover.

u good , more will get you in trouble. is a vid with ir of veil guy and u may see how the plate cover looks with ir ,takes the reflectivity of laser big time . one coat is all u need for your car to be safe , everything else is just to made u feel safe

Newcomer

While painting my SUV up with VEIL G4, I decided to test the G4 on a small spot on the license plate (direct application), and it stained the plate purple. I used an airbrush, and a single coat for my test.

I guess that's why VEIL tells you to use a plate cover.....

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat13 View Post
    While painting my SUV up with VEIL G4, I decided to test the G4 on a small spot on the license plate (direct application), and it stained the plate purple. I used an airbrush, and a single coat for my test.

I guess that's why VEIL tells you to use a plate cover.....
    That sucks man, sorry to hear that. But it's good to know. Also another reason to put it onto a plate cover is because then if the cops give you **** about it, you can just take off the plate cover and say that its just a tinted plate cover.

What part of south texas are you from?

Good Citizen

What is better? A clear cover like the one I have from Weathertech with Veil on it (in and out) or a lasershield? I'm in NY and if they are in the mood will write you for the clear cover. Any tinted versions no question.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiasoon View Post
    What is better? A clear cover like the one I have from Weathertech with Veil on it (in and out) or a lasershield? I'm in NY and if they are in the mood will write you for the clear cover. Any tinted versions no question.
    I have never used lasershields so I don't know that much about them. All I can say is that on my vehicle the clear veiled cover worked great. The only way to know for sure, with your setup, is to test it on your vehicle.

What countermeasures do you have and what vehicle?

Good Citizen

I have never used lasershields so I don't know that much about them. All I can say is that on my vehicle the clear veiled cover worked great. The only way to know for sure, with your setup, is to test it on your vehicle.

What countermeasures do you have and what vehicle?
    Only counter measures right now is common sense and not doing more than traffic. 8500 x50 is due tomorrow to be followed shortly after by LI dual and probably some Veil and maybe lasershields.

First to get the LI will be my '07 Sonata as that sees the most use (has almost 40k on it). My '03 Sequoia (61k) will get a jammer setup in the future also hopefully before winter and ski trips.

Side question: How does road salt/dirt effect the laser heads reception and jamming? Just thinking of how much washer fluid I go through on normal winter trips.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiasoon View Post
    I believe we are going to officially test this either at CFL #10 or the next Houston meet.

I have a Laser Shield, a Veiled Laser Shield, a Veiled clear plate cover, and an off-brand laser protector cover that we need to try out all in succession on the same course, under the same circumstances.

I am going to speculate that Veil > Laser Shield, and Veiled Laser Shield > plain Laser Shield.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    I am going to speculate that Veil > Laser Shield, and Veiled Laser Shield > plain Laser Shield.
    That sounds like a good speculation

Yoda of Radar

That sounds like a good speculation
    LOL! Obviously that didn't come out right. Let me try this, I'll list my predictions in order of expected performance:

1. Veiled Laser Shield
    2. Veiled plate cover
    3. Laser Shield

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Good Citizen

and how would a CR8APL8 change any of that if it even does? Supposedly a little less reflective correct?