Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$

Brick I have been thinking about doing the same thing. The only difference is that I want BOTH sides Veiled. Any thought Bob?
    Doing both sides is probably a good call, but I'd be worried about diminishing light output. If it looks like my license plate cover I might have second thoughts.

I think what I'm more concerned about is the possibility of the coating emitting vapors at high temp which might attack the mirrored finish on the reflector. Or charring, catching fire, or whatever other catastrophic failure Murphy's Law can provide. I suppose I could let a small amount set-up on a glass jar or something and see what happens. Anybody have any idea how hot the inside of the lense on a halogen headlight might get?

Manufacturer

I would tend to stay away from it as unnecessary.

One good coat of VEIL on the lights, is more than enough.

The only reason I suggest the possibility of two coats on retro-reflective plate covers is to overcome the 900x light magnification effect of those plates.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Manufacturer

brick,

The other may be the glare of the headlight cover (glass or otherwise).

If the outer surface is glossy/glaring that could diminish the stealth effect.

That's why VEIL is not glossy.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook