Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Power User

When did you get that ticket? Also my wife got pulled over with a friend today during a speed trap just north of Waco. They were doing 14 over and got a written warning.

Radar Fanatic

last sunday

Power User

Oh man that sucks. You ever think, ok it's been like 3 months 3years etc and you just feel like you are do for a ticket. I feel that way sometimes.

I used to get pulled over all the time and now, I have not been pulled over I guess in 3 to 4 years all because I got a radar detector.

Good Citizen

How's it going? As you can see I'm living in Irving. However, my job requires me to drive all over DFW so I have a decent idea about police all around.

McKinney: From what I could see from the few times I've been there so far, their enforcement can get really thick all at once. I had a 6 minute drive into then out of McKinney not too long ago. First 3 minutes I saw 3 people pulled over. On my way out I got hit by I/O Ka a few times by the same highway patrol, then when the HWP turned off I got hit by another officer coming the other direction with C/O.

Richardson: I hate driving there sometimes. In Irving the unmarked police cars are mostly white and don't run radar. Richardson has BROWN unmarked cars and DO run radar. Hate it.

Uhhh 635: I honestly don't think I've ever seen a speed trap set up there and I drive 635 from Irving to the Garland area a LOT. All I've seen are people pulled over most likely for driving like an idiot or getting caught speeding by an officer just traveling with his radar on.

Irving: Some of the cops like to hide behind walls that you can't see around and run their radar as you pass. Nothing new. No I/O ever unless it's a Dallas officer.

Red Lights: As you can probably guess, they are mostly placed around busy intersections that lead to main highways like 635. Areas like Carrollton, Plano, Farmer's Branch, and other nicer areas use these. Sadly, not all of them have the "Photo Enforced" signs.

I appreciate the descriptive information. I drive to Dallas, Garland, Plano, Carrollton, and Richardson a lot so time lines help me a lot.

Power User

Hey man glad to see another dfw guy. I used to think Irving was bad on radar like 10 years ago. No one knows this but I got arrested in Carrollton for an outstanding warrant out of Coppell about 10 years ago. This was back before I even knew what a radar detector was. They didn't cut me any slack.

Does Irving shoot laser at all? Also I used to drive on 635 just here and there and only once did I see DART running laser in the HOV lane. He was leaning up against the trunk.

Power User

Man Richardson was making traffic stops on beltline today like crazy. Between the 1200 blk and 1700 blk. I also think he might have been shooting laser and having cars just pull in cause he kept saying show me on another car. Then it was another car and you could tell he was on his handheld.

Also not sure what else Richardson was doing today but they kept requesting a lot of wreckers over a period of time. They never gave there location but I know they had at least 6 wreckers. I am wondering if they had some kind of check point or something. I know the did one last year I think it was on Spring Valley cause my friend got stopped but not sure if that is what this was or maybe it was parking violations they might have been cracking down on.

Power User

Hey 2 things. I heard they outlawed speed cameras here in Texas because you have to be able to face your accuser. I will find the link later.

Also did yall see the news story that Channel 8 did. How fast can you actaully drive on the Dallas North Tollway. They said the fastest they have ever written a ticket for is 131mph. I have been 143 on there and I am sure someone has been way over that. Here is the article. I think it says that they will give you about 9 over and that is it.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....2d5bb271.html

Power User

Well today was speed trap day in Plano. They were shooting both east and west bound park just west of Independence. I went by 5 times and he never shot me. My V-1 went off but I don't think he was targeting me. Also I am kinda just starting to hate these speed traps.

I recorded this today while they were talking. Here is what they said. Ok I got a black car at 54 hold on let me see what else I can get her at. So, you have already got the violation to pull her over for speeding but lets make some money and wait for to speed even more. I don't like that but that is the way it goes I guess.

Ok the second speed trap that was going on at that time was somewhere near Spring Creek and Coit. Cause they kept saying ok just past the walmart as they were saying ok they just past the walmart. I saw a cop with a violator but never saw who or where they were shooting.

Then the traffic units did red light enforcement at 121 and and something. This involved one officer watching and then several officers waiting ahead to pull them over.

Just some info for the day.

Good Citizen

Wow! I sure hope they don't enforce those red light cams anymore. I'm still planning on finding out from Carrollton whether or not I have a red light cam ticket.

As far as Irving using laser...yea. I've seen it, but VERY LITTLE. I think the one time I was hit by laser in Irving was taking 114W and they had a big trap with 2 motorcycle cops shooting laser and about 6 chaser units pulling violaters over. This was a while back though and I haven't even seen another speed trap with more than one vehicle since(anywhere). Another laser speed trap before that one was on Northwest Highway going East I think...right after 114 splits off. I'm not sure if they were Irving or Dallas officers because it was really dark.

And Dallas North Tollway...I've never driven it myself. Just bought my TollTag today. I've only done 80+ on 121 though through it's tollway. Got a little bity car.

Power User

Man I was rolling through Sachse today coming out of wylie and I started getting a ka band. Nothing new as it is HWY78. About a mile up the road bang a brand new Dodge Charger. Couldn't believe it. Sachse got a freaking Charger. I didn't see if had dual exhaust or not so not sure if it has a hemi or not.

Since I am on the subject of Chargers. I did look at the Plano Dodge Charger the other day and it has dual exhaust. So, yeah it's got a hemi. However I was told Garland has one but it does not have a Hemi. It's true only one exhaust no roar or nothin. Still looks cool though.

Also I don't know if I posted it but beware Richardson has a new crown vic white in color slick car.