Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power User

Default PA - Police Step Up Enforcement during the Holidays

I have not see any official new release saying they are stepping up traffic enforcement, however, I have been notice lots of Police hiding out in their usually places in Eastern PA since Thanksgiving.

Has anyone else seem similar activities in their areas...

Professional

Only the usual activity at the end of the month. When you say eastern PA are you talking about I-78?

Power User

I mean the local guys in the philly, bucks area. I even seen them out this week so it might be get them early so I can get the week of xmas off

Old Timer

ur from philly?

Power User

from the Bucks area

Speed Demon

Western PA is quiet.

Then again, its so damn cold and slick over here that going over the PSL on anything except the interstate is a potential loss of control.

Radar Fanatic

They have been busy on I81, I380, I78 and I80. Thankfully they are fairly predictable on where you will find them. They are deadly with IO K band!

Good Citizen

Thankfully they are fairly predictable on where you will find them. They are deadly with IO K band!
    KaPro, when you say deadly do you also mean "selective?" The main reason for my interest is that over the course of the past year my V1 has not alerted to any PSP traps I've encountered even when I've seen a LEO pointing the RADAR out the window.

The V1 does alert to the normal K band falses in my area and it has properly alerted on a few Ka traps I've run across in MD over this same period of time. Kinda makes me paranoid! :x

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pgb2
    Thankfully they are fairly predictable on where you will find them. They are deadly with IO K band!
    KaPro, when you say deadly do you also mean "selective?" The main reason for my interest is that over the course of the past year my V1 has not alerted to any PSP traps I've encountered even when I've seen a LEO pointing the RADAR out the window.

The V1 does alert to the normal K band falses in my area and it has properly alerted on a few Ka traps I've run across in MD over this same period of time. Kinda makes me paranoid! :x
    I'm not from PA, but I've also posted a few times that the state troopers seem to be very selective in whom they target. In all my trips in PA (I-90 and I-79) I've seen lots of parked cruisers all ready to target speeders, but very rarely do I get advanced warning. It seems that they are willing to sit for a long time until they see a "real" speeder, and only then do they activate the radar gun.

J/

Speed Demon

Eastern PA and the PSP that sit on the turnpike in the Pittsburgh area are not big fans of Constant On. They like to wait until a suspected vehicle is right on top of them in the kill zone, and they only tag cars they believe are speeding. That way you're in the kill zone before the detector goes off.