Thread: Why me again?

Advanced Member

Default Why me again?

No, not a ticket report.

As most of you know, I drive between UT and CA pretty often, the most recent trip was last weekend.

The 60 mile stretch of I-80 between Fernley and Lovelock Nevada has, in the past few years, been pretty much void of enforcement on all of my passages. That is, until this summer. This is the same stretch caught on the video below.

On my last 4 runs, I've encountered rolling I/O. I mentioned this in my Nevada POP test I did a month or so ago, using a V1. I had a save from V1 from a NHP trooper along this same stretch, but going westbound. The guy was shooting I/O, and I was able to capture it a few miles away as he hit each car.

Ok, to the point.... on this past trip last weekend, I was going on a really long straight part, and some opposite direction rolling NHP trooper shot me point blank with
    Ka. He did not shoot anyone ahead of me, perhaps at least 4 other cars stretched out over 2 miles, mixed in with a few semi-trucks. I know Redline can sniff out Ka in open terrain miles and miles away, and I was in fact up high and had a clear view for 3 miles down the road. So this trooper skipped a ton of cars until I came along.... I nearly jumped out of my seat. Lucky for me my girlfriend was 'distracting' me so I was not going my usual 90's.

But then I thought... why did he pick my car out of the crowd? Charcoal gray Honda Civic.

Anyway, this stretch between Fernley and Lovelock has become very active with NHP this summer.

Last edited by OpenRoad; 10-02-2011 at 07:32 PM.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Power User

Default Re: Why me again?

Why do we even need speed limits in the middle of nowhere. Facepalm.

Lead Foot

LOL, yeah 75 seems like a low speed limit. If it were in my State, it would be 65 - 60 for an Interstate... I was hoping he would get stuck in the Median. That would have been great.

Too bad the guy in the oncoming car didn't have a Redline or V1... He would have surely had been getting RADAR blips over three miles out. How do you like the Redline?

Power User

Sounds like he was visually estimating the speed of the vehicles and only pulling the trigger on ones that looked like they were above a certain number ex 80. That is why he shot you only, cause all the others in front of you did not appear to be speeding.

Professional

Rolling selective I/O *shutters*

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Sector_15504 View Post
    Rolling selective I/O *shutters*
    Sure creates a huge pucker factor when the alarm goes off. Not to mention the vulgarities that I normally respond with.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NETWizz View Post
    LOL, yeah 75 seems like a low speed limit. If it were in my State, it would be 65 - 60 for an Interstate... I was hoping he would get stuck in the Median. That would have been great.

Too bad the guy in the oncoming car didn't have a Redline or V1... He would have surely had been getting RADAR blips over three miles out. How do you like the Redline?
    Yeah, that guy would not have received a ticket if he had a V1 or RL, given the open terrain.

I've noticed NHP is getting a LOT better with I/O, as in the video and my recent up close shot.

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Advanced Member

The Leo has been reading up on nailing Rd users? (lol) He could have had the gun pointed to the left side some not allowing any long distance detections like normal straight ahead shots, this can be done with a tight Ka beam. You can tell when hit. I have noticed some Leos do that thinking that they can mostly pin point a certain car that way when meeting heavy traffic. With the Ka Guard on today, I got a very short detection blip alarm (200 yards) on a sitting Leo with away C/O with no reflections. He mostly established that you were the fastest one out there so you got singled out.....

Speed Demon

He finished his doughnut.