Default Newbie question about mounting Blinder and off switch

Okay, I will be installing a Blinder M20 on one of my bikes soon, a Kawi Concours. Sport touring bike, with a big aftermarket windshield.

Never had a jammer before, just made up my mind to get one after a recent laser ticket, 59 in a 45 zone, at the bottom of a hill near my house on the way to work. It was cold and my choke was on and the bike slowly got up to 58 going downhill without me hitting the throttle hard (I still can't believe that I was actually going that fast, but I wasn't looking at my speedo, just going speed of traffic).

So, I am going to install this unit, instructions say to have it 18 inches from reflective targeting surfaces like headlights, windshield, helmet, etc.

I was hoping to mount it under my headlamp, but that would put the top of my windshield over 18 inches away from the transmitter. Plus I assume that the LEOs can also aim for your helmet. So should I mount it on the out side of the faring by the windsheild or what?

Another question, should I install some sort of on/off switch on my handlebars to turn off the unit once I slow down to not alert the LEO of my jammer? I was considering having the unit turn on with the high beams since I ride daytime with high beams on and rarely speed at night with the low beams on. Then I could just hit the low beams after the unit activates, but that could also alert the LEO that I am up to something?

Your input would be appreciated.

Professional

I have the blinder on my Honda cbr929. Considering the first place the LEO is going to aim will be your headlight, I would put it near there like you said. I put mine just under my headlight in the front, and between my tail light and license plate on the rear.

The kit comes with an on/off switch so once you receive the alert, you can quickly slow down, then turn it off so he can get a reading on you while doing the posted speed limit. I installed my switch on part of my ram air tube just under my right handlebar. My thought is that once I get the alert the first thing I will be doing is letting off the throttle. So once I get down to speed it will be easy to just flip the switch.

One of these days I'll get some pictures posted of the install.

Is there a way to get an audio signal into my bike's intercom system from the Blinder unit?

I wear earplugs and a full face helmet. Autocom puts all my audio sources into my ears.

Good Citizen

No, But you can input a radar/lasar detector into theAutocom.

That is what I have done.

Autocom Pro AVI
    Valentine 1
    Garmin 2820
    Blinder M25

All on my BMW K1200S

Go to the Blinder section for my K1200S install.

Walt

Walt,

That's pretty much what I've done on my Bandit.

Autocom
    Zumo 550
    8500 X50
    Blinder M25 Extreme (not wired into the autocom cause I can't).

I'm about to buy a BMW K 1200 GT. And I'll switch over to V1 on it as I have more room to inetall stuff.

How do you like your 1200 S? It is beautiful. I'd love to have one but I like putting on more miles and can't handle that riding position for too long at a time.

Good Citizen

Love the K1200S

Great acceleration, handling and brakes.

I have the foot pegs lowered 1 inch and that really helps.

Walt