Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default for those that want to listen to music and..

either your radar or a cell phone also a bunch of other options depending on how much you want to spend.. check out

http://www.autocomamerica.com/docs/home.cfm i got the easi-7 which is the most basic one you can get. also its half off right now.. if your interested let me know and there is a shop here in reno that sells them for 80$

IMHO, Autocom is the best motorcycle intercom system out there. I have two ProM1 units working flawlessly.

Combined with a Steve McCracken Audiobox, you can prioritize 5 audio inputs into your helmet speakers.

I can talk on the cellphone at 70 mph and folks on the other end don't even suspect I am on a bike.

Advanced Member

What kind of mikes and speakers do you use?

All Autocom brand. Go to www.autocomamerica.com and price it out. After you have a heart attack, you will most likely find a vendor willing to knock 10% off the price.

I dicked around trying to make my own, then bought a couple of cheaper brands. If I would have gone Autocom from the start I could have saved some bucks.

Advanced Member

yeah... its the price heart attack I'm afraid of.... that and the growing mass of wires that my mechanic grumbles about

Good Citizen

I have the Autocom super Pro on my bike. The intercom, CB (with police channels scanned), radar dector, laser detector/jammer are hooked into it. When I get GPS, my phone will blue tooth connect to it. I plug my Ipod in on big rides as well.

Advanced Member

Where do carry the autocomm?

One good thing about the Autocom systems is that the wiring is pretty clear. I have most of the Autocom system and AudioBox priority box all inside a Nestle's Quik container under my seat behind my battery.

Chad from Adventure MotoStuff gives a Concours Owners Club discount. Just say you are a COG member and you should get 10% off.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/..._Code=comm_nav

Newcomer

Default Re: for those that want to listen to music and..

Quote Originally Posted by cr500 View Post
    I have the Autocom super Pro on my bike. The intercom, CB (with police channels scanned), radar dector, laser detector/jammer are hooked into it. When I get GPS, my phone will blue tooth connect to it. I plug my Ipod in on big rides as well.
    What kind of Jammer do you have? I just purchased an LI and am trying to figure out how to make it all work. The LI has an external speaker output which I would think I could wire a 35mm stereo plug into and hook it into an autocom?

Speed Demon

Default Re: for those that want to listen to music and..

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf View Post
    yeah... its the price heart attack I'm afraid of.... that and the growing mass of wires that my mechanic grumbles about
    It was out of my price range when I was looking at it. So I went to a visual helmet indicator (the H.A.R.D. system) which does what it advertises and worked well. For audio, I use the er6i earphones which I just love.