Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional

Yay! As more states in the USA get photo radar, perhaps more focus will be put on them by the detector manufacturers, so at long xxxx last the rest of the us around the world will get detectors that pick up photo radar at a good distance. :twisted:

Manufacturer

This "technology" may be leading to something even more sinister.

Again, according to CP, who is researching this hot topic as I write this, I believe has been researching variations/offshoots of these devices called "speed on green" or something like this.

I don't know all of the particulars (we'll have to wait for his publication on it) but apparently it has to do with issuing traffic tickets on vehicles approaching the intersection when the light is green. Again, I am not sure of the ins-and-outs of this but something, I believe, is in the works...

The Veil Guy 8)

PS: I am thrilled to hear the VA has abandoned this red-light camera technology for what it really is...A traffic hazard, itself, purely in the name of revenue creation.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy

Again, according to CP, who is researching this hot topic as I write this, I believe has been researching variations/offshoots of these devices called "speed on green" or something like this.
    That must be what this is talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    City Council voted 16-5 on Monday to approve a controversial plan to install red-light cameras at 30 intersections throughout the city. Six of those cameras will do double duty and also nab speeders.

Manufacturer

brick,

Yep. You've got it.

I am pleased that motorists have advocates like Craig, representing our interests.

Very Orwellian, indeed. I have travelled to a lot of places around the world and the city/state that has gone way over the top, if you ask me, with video surveillance is Singapore. Chances are, no matter where you are, you'll be under some form of video surveillance.

I have seen shirts that people wear stating that Singapore is a Fine City.
    There's a fine for this and a fine for that... :wink:

Although, I must admint, Singapore, like a number of Asian cities are about the cleanest and efficient as I have seen.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    brick,

Yep. You've got it.

I am pleased that motorists have advocates like Craig, representing our interests.
    Lord Help Us

Very Orwellian, indeed. I have travelled to a lot of places around the world and the city/state that has gone way over the top, if you ask me, with video surveillance is Singapore. Chances are, no matter where you are, you'll be under some form of video surveillance.

I have seen shirts that people wear stating that Singapore is a Fine City.
    There's a fine for this and a fine for that... :wink:

Although, I must admint, Singapore, like a number of Asian cities are about the cleanest and efficient as I have seen.

The Veil Guy 8)
    Many people have this silly idea that if they don't break the laws, these things don't effect them, but belive me they do. Any time you give any government power, they will eventually turn it against the people.

As far as safety and law enforcement... I'm sure 1936 Germany was a very safe and clean place, provided you were of the right ethnicity....

How long is it before they begin to mandate GPS tracking in all the cars... my official prediction? 5 more years... and it won't be a draconian mandate, it will come in the form of convenience. Like, if you have our GPS tracking devices, you can pass through toll booths faster, you can use express lanes.... etc.

You heard it here first.

After reading the data that you all have provided, I have to agree with your assesments. I am now against the red-light cameras. Silly me, I thought that the purpose of the cameras was to cut down on people running red-lights and therefore increase the safety of everyone. Since it is obvoius that money is the lone controlling interest in our government, I should have known that the only reason that they are there is to generate revenue. My initial thought was that it would be OK if they were just revenue generators if it turned out that the cameras would increase our overall safety. Since the statistics indicate that the cameras actually increase risk and injuries, I admit that I was wrong and humbly change postions.

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

Not to beat a "dead horse"...........

But this is one of my favorite soap box subjects................

If you were to get a "redlight" camera ticket, would you think this might show up on your state drivers license record? Possibly give you points? If you wanted to fight this ticket, would you think you would go to court?

Not in Philadelphia. Good news!!!!!!! No points!!! No DMV record.........cool huh......................Hehehe

But guess where you go to fight one of these tickets???

CITY OF PHILADELPHIA Finance division.............!!!!!!!!!
    FINANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Any one need more proof that its all about Money..........LOL
    Dont get me started.................

Enjoy and have fun.........

Speed Demon

I don't think it shows up on your license as points, at least not here in MD. Reason is they have no idea how to prove it was YOU behind the wheel, therefore they may put points on the wrong license. They'll find you and take your money if it was your car but not necessarily add points.

I've never been hit with a red light camera so don't know if that's 100% but I've read and heard that a few times.

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

Quote Originally Posted by robert
    I don't think it shows up on your license as points, at least not here in MD. Reason is they have no idea how to prove it was YOU behind the wheel, therefore they may put points on the wrong license. They'll find you and take your money if it was your car but not necessarily add points.

I've never been hit with a red light camera so don't know if that's 100% but I've read and heard that a few times.
    That makes sense about proving who is driving for the points on your DMV.........So I wasnt driving you were not driving who was driving.........LOL
    So the registered owner gets the ticket?? Ahh now it makes even more sense. In a court of law, they would lose every case..........LOL

With Bean Counters, all you get is a revised bill............LOL

Speed Demon

It was your car, so if you know your buddy was driving, you make him pay the fine. But you can't transfer the points to his license.