Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default No power to conceal unit

I installed the V1 adapator as shown in diagram. When I plug the V1 conceal into the accessories side of the V1 power source I get nothing. It is getting power because one: I've tried two different ones and two: I plug the V1, by itself into the accessories side and it works (the V1 that is).
    I know the V1 conceal works cause I bypassed all the cheetah connections and they(V1 and conceal unit) both work.

Could the adapator be bad?

Thanks, waiting patiently

Newcomer

Default Re: GPS Mirror, the V1, and Concealed Display

Hi,

Please let me know which wiring plan you followed, from the following (you can click the image to increase the size):

Thanks.

I just sent the following message to Cheetah USA:

Hello,

I have purchased am M25 Blinder with Visalert for my motorcycle from Pashnit.com . I also have purchased a Valentine 1 radar detector with remote display. Included with the M25 was a radar detector interface specific for the Valentine 1. I set the components up on the bench to test before installation and find that I am unable to connect the Valentine 1 remote display so it functions correctly along with the radar detector interface.

I found a diagram on your web site here that shows a connection set-up like what I intend (wiring option 'C' or 'D'). I do not intend to use a remote audio adapter however and the item in the diagram labeled "V1 Adapter" was not included with the M25 kit from Pashnit or with the Valentine 1.

Can this connection set-up be successfully used with the "remote Audio Adapter" omitted? Where can I get the item "V1 Adapter"?

Thanks for the help,

GD

I'm having the same issue. So what's the easiest way to get a V1 adapter?

Professional

Welcome aboard,

The Cheetah V1 Adaptor is not included as part of the standard Radar Detector Interface for the V1 because most people don't need it. Why put the price of the kit up for everyone by an unnecessary $30?

You only need the V1 Adaptor if you are also going to use one, or both, of Valentine's remote display units.

The Cheetah V1 Adaptor is $29.99 and it lets either one, or both, of the Valetine display units work properly at the same time as the Cheetah display. This is what you need to get your kit going the way you want it, and yes, you can omit the Valentine Audio Adapter.

The only place to order the Cheetah V1 Adaptor at the moment is direct, on this page. Order the V1 Adaptor for remote displays.

As regards testing it, the kit was actually designed to be fitted straight to the bike, quickly and easily. The reason you're not getting the system working on a bench is because you'll have connected our POWERSENSEnode to your bench power supply. As it says in the manual, the POWERSENSEnode is an "engine running" sensor. It actually has to be connected directly to the battery terminals and you then have to start your engine, before it will allow power to pass along to the jammer system. It's designed to make it much easier to fit onto the bike, because you don't have to cut into the bike electrics. It will not work on a bench power supply, because that's not a running engine.

If you're going to bench test it, you have to unclip the little oval POWERSENSEnode, then clip everything else together and you'll be good to go.
    It's important to remember to hook the POWERSENSEnode back in for fitting onto the bike. It's what shuts everything down automatically when you stop the engine. (so you don't get flat batteries)

Hope this helps.

Professional

gibby289

Can you let Stu (speedcheetah) know which wiring set up you used so he can answer your original Q. It's unlikely to be a bad adaptor.

Cheetah Rep

emails taken care of, here's a link for those interested in the Valentine 1 Remote audio and remote display adapter interface:

Valentine 1 remote adapter

A separate info page is in the works as well.