Radar Fanatic

Default NEW Whistler RLC Detector & Motorcycle Bluetooth

check it out, should be coming soon. I guess it is competition to the cheetah c100.

We just got the scoop on two new upcoming products from Whistler that are expected to be available sometime in 2009. We don't have all of the details at this point, but thought we would share some basic specs and a few images.

Whistler RLC-100

Whistler RLC-100 Red Light Camera Detector
    First is the new Whistler RLC-100 red light and speed camera detector. The RCL-100 compares your current GPS location with an on-board database of red light and speed camera locations and alerts you when you are near one. The MSRP is $139.95. Features:

• High Sensitivity GPS Antenna
    • Updatable Camera Database
    • Dual Alert Display
    • Current Speed Reading with Max Hold Feature
    • 100 Location Manual Entry
    The RLC-100's database is updatable from the internet using the integrated USB port. You can also connect the RLC-100 to a Whistler radar detector if you use the optional interface cable (not included). You can specify MPH or KPH and a speed warning notification. The RLC-100 also has a digital clock and trip meter. Dimensions and Weight:

• 3.13" long x 2.13" wide x .75" height
    • 1.8 oz

Whistler BT Headset

Motorcycle Bluetooth® Headset
    The second item from Whistler is a series of motorcycle Bluetooth® headsets. The BT2200 / 2300 / 3200 / 3300 headsets are designed to work with any full/flip-up/open style helmet and allow full duplex bike to bike or bike to passenger communications. Whistler has produced motorcycle-specific radar detectors in the past, but this product presents an exciting new direction. This series includes four products to cover all scenarios (bike to bike or bike to passenger, and open faced or closed faced helmets). The MSRP is $219.95 for the bike to passenger products, and $259.95 for the bike to bike products. Features:

• Bluetooth® 2.0 High Quality Stereo Audio
    • Noise Cancellation Microphone
    • Easy Installation
    • Full Duplex Wireless Intercom
    • Weather Proof Case
    The BT2200/2300 headsets provides two channel rider to passenger communications, and the BT3200/3300 headsets provide two channel bike to bike communications. In addition, the headsets can also be used for true stereo music. Battery duration is estimated at 7-14 hours of usage. You can adjust the volume and the BT2200/2300/3200/3300 headsets also have a large mute button for easy use.

Whistler Headset

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: NEW Whistler RLC Detector & Motorcycle Bluetooth

I don't think I will be buying either product, but new products on the market are always welcome and always interesting from a consumer standpoint in my book!

I must say the BT headset I might be able to go in 1/2's on with my dad, then I would look into that.

Good job over there at Whistler!

I just hope these (along with their already known new RD's) weren't the 'blow your mind' product(s) they were referring to awhile back... since we already have virtually all of them, just with a different name (and very minor differences)?

Radar Fanatic

The RLC-100 looks cool. They really made that a direct competitor to the Cheetah C100. The great thing about the C100 that I've read is that it alerts you to the cameras based on direction of travel, not a radius like the 9500ix does. I wonder how the Whistler alerts to this.

This showed up on the Home Shopping Network TV show today and is also all over the Internet at various retailers.

One thing I've been looking into a little is this "direction of travel" feature. It is great but you've got to have the data to back that feature up. The locations of these cameras can be found in various locations all over the Internet. You hardly ever see direction of travel information published with the locations. So I would guess that means direction of travel comes from users submitting the information online somehow. Not sure how accurate that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    The RLC-100 looks cool. They really made that a direct competitor to the Cheetah C100. The great thing about the C100 that I've read is that it alerts you to the cameras based on direction of travel, not a radius like the 9500ix does. I wonder how the Whistler alerts to this.

Radar Fanatic

Everyone who has the Cheetah Mirror and C100 is very happy with how it performs - they use the direction of travel notification system.

Old Timer

Looks like a neat unit.