Thread: C50 Update

Speed Demon

Default C50 Update

My C50 tells me I need to update. So I connect to pc, go through update process. It seems to download fine, I go out to car and power up the C50 and it still tells me I need to update. Including today I have done the process 12 times,and still tells me I need to update.This is really getting frustrating,I have emailed Cheetah twice and have not heard anything from them. I wish someone could give me a heads up on what the problem is.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: C50 Update

Quote Originally Posted by jem58 View Post
    My C50 tells me I need to update. So I connect to pc, go through update process. It seems to download fine, I go out to car and power up the C50 and it still tells me I need to update. Including today I have done the process 12 times,and still tells me I need to update.This is really getting frustrating,I have emailed Cheetah twice and have not heard anything from them. I wish someone could give me a heads up on what the problem is.
    X2, I am having the same issue.

Radar Fanatic

If you scroll to the bottom of the page after you have selected your Trinity database update you will notice a firmware update that corrects the 24 hour clock, download that and that will fix that problem- then all you have to do is use the software tool to reset your time zone and the problem is solved.
    Here is the address you need to look for:
    C50-24hr-clock-fix-091016 -after you download it, I had the same problem as well so I called Al or Alleyoop and he told me about the firmware update. Now there are no problems. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by CactusMan; 01-26-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Speed Demon

Yea I got mine all fixed up.Had a little trouble unzipping the file till Rocky2 told me about a program to unzip. Its all good now.

Radar Fanatic

Yea I got mine all fixed up.Had a little trouble unzipping the file till Rocky2 told me about a program to unzip. Its all good now.
    I had problems unzipping it too. I had to turn off my virus and spam protection as well as turn off my firewall but things went smoothly after that.

Experienced

I had this same issue. The firmware update cleared it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    X2, I am having the same issue.

Still having the same issue and cant get any help from SpeedCheetah!! Ready to send this thing back

Newcomer

Hi Pointer Cone,

I'm afraid your emails aren't getting through to us - please PM your email address or email directly through our website so I can give you support.