Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Question to all who like night driving

This is just to see what people think about it and if it would work or not.

Stealth -

now as you know you do need your headlights at night ( who woulda thought? lol)

now to be stealth at night and the reason im about to ask is because I was thinking bullrun and ideas came to mind haha

Can you have 2-4 IR spotlights as a night stealth means of seeing in the dark and 2 cameras to pick it up...

to the naked eye it would look like your headlights are off however to the camera they would be on. so you can still see at night yet your completly dark.

total price for the setup can range from $200-$1000 depending on how in depth you want to get, how many lights, how many cameras.. etc.

just a question though I just want opinions lol

Power User

Default Re: Question to all who like night driving

You mean FLIR?

Experienced

To me a car on the freeway actively passing people, without headlights would attract quite a bit of attention.

If a driver notices a car pass him with no headlights, they might go ahead and alert the local PD and they'll be looking for you.

Also, I would think it would put everyone it unnecessary danger, you and the other drivers. If another driver swerves to miss a blown tire thinking the left lane is clear for emergency action, and you happen to be there at the same time...someone might not make it to their destination.

So while Batman-esque stealth sounds like a bunch of fun, I don't think I would resort to that.

Professional

I think the accident potential is way too high, I would not do this. I do like the creative thinking though.

My wish would be for a method to alert to a trooper ahead in the dark with his lights off, waiting to spring an IO trap. I think this would be FLIR. I also think operating FLIR while driving would be too distracting on top of all the other CM and trying not to get into an accident (above all)

I think a co pilot would be necessary.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    You mean FLIR?

no, an IR spotlight.. similar to whats used in night security at some buildings.
    not a IR camera

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
    To me a car on the freeway actively passing people, without headlights would attract quite a bit of attention.

If a driver notices a car pass him with no headlights, they might go ahead and alert the local PD and they'll be looking for you.

Also, I would think it would put everyone it unnecessary danger, you and the other drivers. If another driver swerves to miss a blown tire thinking the left lane is clear for emergency action, and you happen to be there at the same time...someone might not make it to their destination.

So while Batman-esque stealth sounds like a bunch of fun, I don't think I would resort to that.
    x2 on that. I would stay away from this. At some point we need to admit that accidents are far worse events than speeding tickets are. Avoiding accidents needs to be top priority, avoiding tickets can be anywhere after that you choose.

Newcomer

you obviously wouldn't have them off with other cars... i'm talking about when your the Only one on the road..

Banned

I was thinking of getting one of these, i love night driving.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by BlackfrontyMike View Post

you obviously wouldn't have them off with other cars... i'm talking about when your the Only one on the road..
    I guess then, my assumptions led me astray from your original post. It would be cool, but I would be hard-pressed to find a time to drive when no one is on the road, people are everywhere. At least near where I am.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by BlackfrontyMike View Post

I guess then, my assumptions led me astray from your original post. It would be cool, but I would be hard-pressed to find a time to drive when no one is on the road, people are everywhere. At least near where I am.

I agree, I mean I live in North jersey so thats rare for me to be the Only one on the road.. however I go to school at Wyotech in PA. so when I get out of class at 1:30am there really isnt anyone on the road haha