Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default C50 Satellite Connection Issue

So I finally got the C50 earlier this week and had the chance to install it in the car yesterday. It powered up fine, and within a minute or 2, had satellite connection (2 or 3 satellites usually). The clock displayed 00:00 and never really changed to show the correct time, even after being on for over 20 mins. And once the vehicle started moving, the satelitte connection would go in and out every few seconds, it couldn't lock onto a satellite while moving, but once I stopped it was fine, still displaying 00:00. So I read about the windshield and thankfully my car is not on that list, so I held the unit outside of my sunroof which had clear sight of the sky (it was a clear sunny day here in south Florida!) and still got the same result! It connected to the satelittles, but the clock displayed 00:00, and when I was moving, it couldn't lock onto a connection. I updated the database to version "1022", maybe hopefully that will resolve it.

Anyone else ever experience this issue? What database version do you have? Any solutions to this?

Newcomer

Default Re: C50 Satellite Connection Issue

Did you try changing the time zone in the software? Make sure to hit write.

Radar Fanatic

You have to download the cheetah software tool to get database updates and make changes such as your time zone under the section called user settings.

Newcomer

Yep I checked that, the C50 is set to the correct time zone. I can't think of anything else that could be causing this.

Newcomer

I am having this same issue so I emailed cheetah and this is what they said:

Hi David,

We've been notified that a small number of units are affected by this issue. The units affected are from our latest production run and the software inside the unit will require an update. We are currently working as fast as possible to resolve this and we will forward on the update as soon as we can.

Please bear with us for a short time until we update you.

Best regards,

Stuart.

Radar Fanatic

Thankx for that info. David.

Newcomer

As soon as they post the update I'll let you guys know.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygrace1226 View Post
    I am having this same issue so I emailed cheetah and this is what they said:

Hi David,

We've been notified that a small number of units are affected by this issue. The units affected are from our latest production run and the software inside the unit will require an update. We are currently working as fast as possible to resolve this and we will forward on the update as soon as we can.

Please bear with us for a short time until we update you.

Best regards,

Stuart.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I emailed Cheetah last week and got a similar response from Stuart saying they're working on an update, but he didn't say there were other units with the same issue. Guess there are more now. Now its a waiting game, hopefully we will get an update soon. I asked Stuart on Monday when I can expect an update and he said a few days. I went on a roadtrip last weekend from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and I wish the C50 had worked because there were a ton of red light camera's in Orlando alone, would have been great to see how accurate this device is.

Newcomer

I received an email from Stuart the other day for anyone thats following:

--------
    Hi,

I'm pleased to say that we have identified the cause and are implementing a fix over the next day. We will then test this for robustness and issue the update next week.

I do apologise again for the extended delay, and as a gesture of goodwill, I will refund you 50% of your membership package. I will be in touch early next week with the update.

Best regards,

Stuart.
    --------

I was impressed on the fact that they refunded me a portion of the membership subscription. If you're in the same boat too, see if they will do the same for you. Hopefully the update will be available sometime early next week, I just can't wait to have my C50 working to its potential!

Newcomer

Has anyone heard anything?