View Poll Results: Am I screwed?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bend over...

24 58.54%
  • You probably will not get a ticket in the mail.

17 41.46%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Default Re: Am I screwed? Watch video. Take my poll.

Quote Originally Posted by 904nm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STiMULi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raynchaser View Post
    and why $500? is it that much there? here in FL first time is $100, also no points.
    California has to make their legal, law abiding (for the most part), car insurance carrying, tax paying residents pay more for the illegal aliens they have chosen to harbor, educate and maintain their health care status so these illegals can have the ability to collect more future benefits... but I digress
    Want a good laugh? Here is how the California ticket scheme is calculated. It is a sad joke. For example, after all the bogus fees and taxes are added to a failure to stop at a red light ticket, the $100 ticket ends up being $436. Then you add the cost of traffic school to that and you are getting close to $500. Many cities are making a ton of money with people that do a California stop to make a right turn on a red. Here is how they inflate your ticket:

Effective 01/01/2009: Total fines for traffic violations may be calculated as follows:
    Base Fine set by legislation and the Judicial Council of California.
    Penalty Assessment: Penalty assessments are allocated for such items as court and jail facility construction and other items as noted below:
    $10.00 per $10/base fine per PC 1464 goes 70% to State Trial Court Trust Fund; 30% to County General Fund
    $2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76100 goes to the County Courthouse Construction Fund
    $2.50 per $10/base fine per GC 76101 goes to the County Jail Construction Fund
    $0.50 per $10/base fine per GC 76102 goes to County Automated Fingerprint Fund
    $2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104 goes to Maddy Emergency Medical Fund (State/County split)
    $3.00 per $10/base fine per GC 70372.(a) goes to State Court Facilities Construction Fund
    $1.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104.6 goes to the DNA Identification Fund (County/State split)
    $1.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104.7 goes to the DNA Identification Fund (County/State split)
    $2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 70372(a) goes to the State Court Facilities Construction Fund - Immediate and Critical Needs Account
    Night Court Assessment Fee pursuant to VC 42006
    DMV record fee pursuant to Vehicle Code 40508.6
    Twenty percent criminal surcharge pursuant to Penal Code 1465.7
    Court Security Fee pursuant to Penal Code 1465.8
    Criminal Conviction Assessment pursuant to GC 70373 goes to the State Court Facilities Construction Fund - Immediate and Critical Needs Account (assessed per conviction)
    In addition, fines can be further enhanced pursuant to Vehicle Code 42009 for committing an offense while driving in a highway construction or maintenance area and pursuant to Vehicle Code 40210 for violations committed in a Safety Enhancement-Double Fine Zone. There are special violations with higher fines for violations committed in a school zone, a business district, a senior center zone, or at a railroad crossing.

So, you may want to think twice about parking in one of those 3 dozen empty handicapped spots in front of Home Depot because it will cost you $976.00!!! Here is how:

VC 22507.8(A through C)
    Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

Violation, Fine, Penalty, State Court Facilities Construction, Night Court fee, DMV Fee, 20% Criminal Surcharge, Criminal Conviction Assessment, Court Security Fee, Total Fine Due

250.00 550.00 50.00 1.00 10.00 50.00 35.00 30.00 976.00

Talk about highway robbery. Welcome to California. Land of the politicians without any shame to rip-off and tax its citizens to death.

BTW, it has now been over 2 weeks since I got flashed. I think they have to mail the ticket within 15 days. Looking good I'm clear.

This is killer! The government screwing the people for who?

There is a problem.

There are two books that I suggest that everyone Read/Listen to:

Daniel Suarez's <<<LINK to a reveiw

DAEMON
    &
    FREEDOM

They are related and you can enjoy one without the other but I recommend that you do both in order.

He writes of the "Darknet" as a means of virtual revolution against this kind of crap.

I vote yes.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Default Re: Am I screwed? Watch video. Take my poll.

Quote Originally Posted by 904nm View Post
    Yeah, I guess the 9500ix does leave a lot to be desired in that respect. Although the new software appears to have reduced the number of pointless warnings. Not sure if it is "good enough" or if a C50 may pay off. Those cameras are spreading like a bad disease.
    It is worth it's weight in gold. Seriously