Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Re: Redflex GoSafe AGD340 radar reception and range

I can't understand why we can't go online and buy a thing just like V1 or Belscorts? Why distributers?
    Some sneaky stuff going on with stinger

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by forgewire View Post
    I can't understand why we can't go online and buy a thing just like V1 or Belscorts? Why distributers?
    Nothing sneaky about this I am prepared to work with people and do them the best price direct from me the distributor cutting out the middle retailer!
    Does this not make sense or am I missing something!!!!!

When you get in premiere gear you go directly through distributers. Same goes for any high end devices. If anything it keeps the prices consistent and the after market service extremely good. I'd much rather buy from Stinger than go through someone who hasn't a clue other than how to read the manual.

Stinger Ireland, could you PM me your price list?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ironclaw View Post
    When you get in premiere gear you go directly through distributers. Same goes for any high end devices. If anything it keeps the prices consistent and the after market service extremely good. I'd much rather buy from Stinger than go through someone who hasn't a clue other than how to read the manual.

Stinger Ireland, could you PM me your price list?
    I dunno about that, if you want e.g Laser Interseptor you can buy it from their website directly with free wordwide delivery.
    You can't argue that LI is a premiere gear

Experienced

so guys, has anyone bitten the bullet and forked out for a stinger ?

i havent even been running an RD for the past few months cos i rarely travel in speed cam zones and havent seen a gosafe van in months, anyway my satnav seems to be a good enough job

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
    so guys, has anyone bitten the bullet and forked out for a stinger ?

i havent even been running an RD for the past few months cos i rarely travel in speed cam zones and havent seen a gosafe van in months, anyway my satnav seems to be a good enough job
    I didnt get one anyway but I am still running the STi-R Plus and V1 all the time. I have not seen a van in a while myself either.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    I didnt get one anyway but I am still running the STi-R Plus and V1 all the time. I have not seen a van in a while myself either.
    i'm sure that if you wanted to find one you'd have no problem

the roads that are GoSafe zones that i travel all seem to have roadworks on them, and the vans are staying away.

i must hard wire my V1 into my new(er) car, once i work out the best vertical positioning and wire routing etc.
    I'll post a few vids them . ... but that could be a while away yet.

i would love to do some testing against the garda multanova van

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by corkguykev View Post
    i'm sure that if you wanted to find one you'd have no problem

the roads that are GoSafe zones that i travel all seem to have roadworks on them, and the vans are staying away.

i must hard wire my V1 into my new(er) car, once i work out the best vertical positioning and wire routing etc.
    I'll post a few vids them . ... but that could be a while away yet.

i would love to do some testing against the garda multanova van
    I would also love to see how the STi-R Plus and V1 do against the ROBOT vans. Hopefully, I'll find one of them sometime and see.

I have taken a few "diversions", lately to see if I could find another Gosafe van but no joy so its not like I have not been trying .

I have also noticed that they will not set up camp in a temporary 60KMH limit where roadworks are in progress. They will set up just outside the roadworks instead and a few times, the radar was not even running when they did that .

I have to wonder if these temporary lower limits have any standing in law as Im sure they could reel in a fortune in places like that .

Experienced

the robot van is in cork at the moment, i spotted it in traffic yesterday.
    also mentioned in 96fm recently that it was spotted in a 60km zone on the N25 on the way to Midleton.

Radar Fanatic

the robot van is in cork at the moment, i spotted it in traffic yesterday.
    also mentioned in 96fm recently that it was spotted in a 60km zone on the N25 on the way to Midleton.
    I know where that is. I had the 800M detection against the Gosafe van a few months ago on that stretch of road before it became a 60KMH zone for the road works.

I think I heard that 96FM thing as well. The road works are apparently finished there now but the PSL has not been returned to its original 100KMH yet. I kinda figured they would have to have set up some kind of speed traps there while it was still lowered. They did the same the last time when the limit was lowered to 60KMH due to the Amgen site. I saw a cop there late on a Saturday evening running laser long after the workers had left the site .

I must take a spin out there over the weekend, might be worth it .