Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Uniden still make radar detectors anymore?

i dont recall seeing any new units for sometime...maybe since I have owned a V1, 8500 and now my co-partner...V955,I havent payed attention to whats new out there.

Speed Demon

I believe that uniden was banned from selling radar detectors in the US because they did not meet FCC regulations.

Default And Cobra meets FCC's reg's?

thats pretty bad when your worst then cobra RD's and are banned for being worst then cobra. It was just a late night thought...I main thought is how to put pics in my post.

Speed Demon

Default Re: And Cobra meets FCC's reg's?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    thats pretty bad when your worst then cobra RD's and are banned for being worst then cobra. It was just a late night thought...I main thought is how to put pics in my post.
    Go and create an account at photobucket .com, and upload your pictures to that site. Then copy the url link. When you are writing your post, click the Img button right below the subject line, then rtight click, and select copy, then hit the Img button again. Repeat the process for each picture.

Default hey it worked....thanks

Professional

Default Re: And Cobra meets FCC's reg's?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    What about RMR. :?: I hate to admit even one of my friends purchased one, i was so ashamed i didnt want to hurt the poor guys feelings. I guess RMR has some good lawyers bc they are still selling their crap. :idea:

Radar Fanatic

I think uniden gave up trying to make detectors and have made more radios...

their revenue is $773,700,000 so not making detectors hasnt dented their income.....

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by laserblaster
    their revenue is $773,700,000 so not making detectors hasnt dented their income.....
    A 9 digit number, closing in on the 10 digit number isnt so bad I would say.

Yoda of Radar

I think Uniden still makes detectors for other markets. They have abandoned the US market ever since the FCC issued limits on leakage so they don't "jam" those satellite dishes at gas stations (and other such devices).

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I think Uniden still makes detectors for other markets. They have abandoned the US market ever since the FCC issued limits on leakage so they don't "jam" those satellite dishes at gas stations (and other such devices).
    I believe that that is correct. I think that you can still buy uniden detectors in other areas of the world