Newcomer

Default Intrepid, Sti Drivers, mounting, dash ?

I lived in Québec province and recently purchased a Bel Sti from Roy. The package is currently in the province. I will pick it up Monday.

My questions are:

1) Those are illegal here, is the dash the only place that I can put it ? I must place it at a place that I can put the evidence in my pocket if I get pulled over.

2) If I mount it to the RVM the cord will be dangling from the lighter plug. Is that visible from a passing by car ? I think yes.

3) If I mount it to the driver sun visor, I will have to put a permanent cord somewhere in door pilar. If I get pulled over the LEO will be able to see the small connector comming from the roof.

The dash of the Intrepid is not even, it is not a plane surface. Does that affect the RD.

Thanks to help a newbie

Radar Fanatic

bud what ya would need to do is hardwire it and mount it next to the RVM so there aere 0 cords dangling or hanging.... i drive a '97 intrepid es and have my V1 on my X50 hardwire and it looks awesome and its a lot less cluttered when you dont have the corded wire just hanging there... get it hardwired and then you will be fine!

Old Timer

Default welcome

Welcome to the board mush . You can either mount your rd on the dash or up by the sunvisor/ RVM. Just do what soots you best. Nice to see another Canadian that is willing to use an rd. Good luck!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Intrepid, Sti Drivers, mounting, dash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush
    I lived in Québec province and recently purchased a Bel Sti from Roy. The package is currently in the province. I will pick it up Monday.

My questions are:

1) Those are illegal here, is the dash the only place that I can put it ? I must place it at a place that I can put the evidence in my pocket if I get pulled over.

2) If I mount it to the RVM the cord will be dangling from the lighter plug. Is that visible from a passing by car ? I think yes.

3) If I mount it to the driver sun visor, I will have to put a permanent cord somewhere in door pilar. If I get pulled over the LEO will be able to see the small connector comming from the roof.

The dash of the Intrepid is not even, it is not a plane surface. Does that affect the RD.

Thanks to help a newbie
    Hi Mush, first off you have to decide where to mount it: on the dash (best against laser) or high (best against regular X/K/Ka radar guns)...
    Before the current STI, I had for over a year an S2 (cordless), on the dash all the time, concealed in something, saved me from a couple of real laser attacks, now my STI is by the sun visor, inside a CD organizor, and hardwired with a Direct Wire Cord ($10 from Roy as well, ordered it along with the STI and the visor clip)... I did not do the hardwire myself, the Circuit City guys in NY State did it for $50 plus local taxes, very good job... you can do it yourself if you're REAL good with the electrical system and confident that you're doing the RIGHT stuff... in my case all the wire is hidden inside the roofline, only maybe 3 cm (1 inch) is out to get to the RD, but even this 1 inch is inside the CD organizor... also I have very dark tinted windows, it helps a lot as per having a stealthy install... STI is very good against Ka alerts (most of the nowadays cops use the modern technology of Ka radar, Toronto and OPP in my area use only MPH guns that are on Ka only)... if you have new questions feel free to visit this forum as often as possible... best of luck and drive safely

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...accessoris.asp

Newcomer

Road Warrior, I was planning on getting my Sti hardwired too in my 2003 accord, I just ordered the new concealed case that Roys selling on his website for 29.95 anyway my question was do I need any extra wires to hardwire it, it seemed like the Sti came with a bunch of wires already that you need to hardwire.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by revenknight99
    Road Warrior, I was planning on getting my Sti hardwired too in my 2003 accord, I just ordered the new concealed case that Roys selling on his website for 29.95 anyway my question was do I need any extra wires to hardwire it, it seemed like the Sti came with a bunch of wires already that you need to hardwire.
    <Edited due to bashing another forum userr...cVr> DO NOT GIVE OUT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR CAR AND/OR REAL NAME (as other forum member, a girl, used her name as his e-mail address along her car maker and model), if you live in a banned area, especially Ontario, lots of ONT cops visit this forum a lot and they HATE everybody who undermines the Ontario's 1st Ammendm: We have the right to take as much money we want from you :x
    Now back to you post, I don't use that particular case, I use a regular CD organizor, BLACK as the STI is, with my tinted windows black works perfectly, but you are FREE to get that case any time you want... I know that the STI (from Roy of course) came with its own wires, especially the one with the small led lights, but I did not like it, I wanted just a wire that will be 100% hidden inside the roofline, so I ordered that Direct Wire for $10 and the visor clip for $4, Roy got me all within the same order (same package, thank you Roy ), and as soon as I got it from an UPS Store in NYS I went to the local CC store, I showed the guys my STI, the Direct Wire and the place where I will use it (the RD) and the rest was just history, 1hr of working and $50 plus local taxes, very happy with the install and with the STI