Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Ohio State Patrol tickets a friend

She was on her way to my grillout, when she was ticketed with an LTI Ultralyte at 2012 feet. I told her to fight it, but she doesnt know where to start, and she says hiring a traffic lawyer will be more expensive... Dont know why she thinks that, after she sees her insurance go up.

Apparently one of the highest laser enforced states doesnt play by the books

Radar Fanatic

Should prob be in the how to beat your ticket section, but whatever. I would think that this would be easy to get out of becausae of the distance at which she was targeted.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Ohio State Patrol tickets a friend

Quote Originally Posted by sethy
    She was on her way to my grillout, when she was ticketed with an LTI Ultralyte at 2012 feet. I told her to fight it, but she doesnt know where to start, and she says hiring a traffic lawyer will be more expensive... Dont know why she thinks that, after she sees her insurance go up.

But Sethy we all know how easy it is to make a visual estimate at 2012 feet :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Default Re: Ohio State Patrol tickets a friend

Quote Originally Posted by sethy

At that distance she would have been better off detecting the scatter with a RD before getting locked inn.

Scratonicity Groupie

wow. 2000FT is no joke, if she was the only car on the road that's one thing. But if it was busy like I'm sure it was then she got hosed.

Good Citizen

A friend of mine, got a speeding ticket for going 189 Km/h in a 120 Km/h highway (Ultralyte 100 LR). Nothing strange about that. But, here is the catch. He used Google Earth, he knew were the cops where, and where he had seen 190+ on the speedometer*. The distance was 1,1 Km, about 3.600 ft !!! In Greece they are not supposed take into account the distance of the vehicle, so they can target you as far as they want...!!!

Thanx for your time.

* The cops were hiding at the toll station and my friend had to reduce speed to pass through the automatic charging system, so he knew exactly where he was going 190 and where he started braking (50 m error margin).

Radar Fanatic

2012 feet = 613.2576 meters. That's a long way to visual? How thick was the traffic and is she cute?
    RR

Radar Fanatic

If she does not get a lawyer, she has no chance especially if it's a kangaroo court like so many of them are. A lawyer who handles traffic tickets knows how to play the system. I would rather pay the money to a lawyer than to the court system and the insurance company. It is better to have a clean record.

GTO_04

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRick
    2012 feet = 613.2576 meters. That's a long way to visual? How thick was the traffic and is she cute?
    RR
    That's almost half a mile. While I can easily make out a vehicle at those ranges, it would be highly unlikely that someone could make a reliable visual estimate at that range.

I gotta go with GTO though, unless you are VERY confident in court, a lawyer is your best shot, simply because many judges aren't willing to give the average individual much benefit of the doubt.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    I would think that this would be easy to get out of becausae of the distance at which she was targeted.
    Not in OH - at least when I lived there (left in '97).