Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Dont know why you say people hate on non V1 owners because we all believe in the same thing and are working to accomplish the same goal. Avoid tickets from arbitrarily low speed limits.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by speederX50
    Dont know why you say people hate on non V1 owners because we all believe in the same thing and are working to accomplish the same goal. Avoid tickets from arbitrarily low speed limits.
    The V1 is no question the best detector made. I will be getting one my self. Its denial of the other products being good that’s the problem. And the deliberate/unintentional bashing of product.

i pop in after not browsing the board for a week, and I see the same copy pasta within 3 threads I visit about "anything other than a v1 is junk."

yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Radar Fanatic

This thread is going to piss some people off.

No the V1 is not the best detector ever, its all about personal preference. I have used the X50 and V1 quite a bit, and both detectors are VERY good. For my area I prefer the V1 because there really aren't that many falses where I drive, but if I lived in a more radar "polluted" area I would definitely go with the X50, or the 9500i when they fix some of the problems.

There are tons of positive posts here, you are just looking in the wrong places. The V1 zombies are annoying as hell even to those of us who use the V1, it has its down falls and is not perfect by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238
    The problem is if you buy anything else other than a V1, this site will beat you into submission or bash your purchase until you can’t take it any more. Yes the V1 is king of detection range but is that the only thing you are personally looking for?
    Wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod
    No the V1 is not the best detector ever, its all about personal preference. I have used the X50 and V1 quite a bit, and both detectors are VERY good. For my area I prefer the V1 because there really aren't that many falses where I drive, but if I lived in a more radar "polluted" area I would definitely go with the X50, or the 9500i when they fix some of the problems.

There are tons of positive posts here, you are just looking in the wrong places. The V1 zombies are annoying as hell even to those of us who use the V1, it has its down falls and is not perfect by any means.
    That’s my point. I can’t stand people making pointless accusations that this unit sucked or that one is not as good as mine. All RD's have there place. Most of it seems made up to discredit a product completely and not look at its merits.

Thank you, MEM-TEK, RanEnRui, ELVATO, DogGod, speederX50, CookieMonk for your constructive criticism and unbiased input. This is how all should be communicating. not atacking a particular model or statement.

No one detector is perfect for everyone. And the one you don’t like may be perfect for someone else.

Speedtrap Crasher

I've never had my SR7 attacked on this forum even though it's pretty old technology. Of course, I don't post stuff like "my SR7 is the best RD in the world!"

Once you handle a live one you realize the V1 is a nice piece of electronics. I can see why it has such a fanatic following.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Lead Foot

Well it's all in the GOL testing. On average the V1 has the best range. I also like the arrows, they're a useful idea. But there are things about the STi that I won't give up: Genuine stealth, voice alerts that allow me to run in dark mode, and tech mode that allows true identification of exactly what radar is hitting me. Among other things I can identify moving or stationary radar right away. And since the range on the STi is almost as good as the V1's on popular bands I have plenty of time to react. And the 33.8 glitch is a minor problem that Beltronics already has beat, so that really isn't an issue with me.

If Valentine comes out with a more modern detector with voice alerts, tech mode and stealth then I will buy one because I really do like the arrows. But that doesn't look forthcoming for some time, and with a new remote sattelite edition rumored, the STi is likely to be my first choice for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238
    Quote Originally Posted by DogGod

That’s my point. I can’t stand people making pointless accusations that this unit sucked or that one is not as good as mine. All RD's have there place. Most of it seems made up to discredit a product completely and not look at its merits.

Thank you, MEM-TEK, RanEnRui, ELVATO, DogGod, speederX50, CookieMonk for your constructive criticism and unbiased input. This is how all should be communicating. not atacking a particular model or statement.

No one detector is perfect for everyone. And the one you don’t like may be perfect for someone else.
    Interesting discussion and well said. I have probably at least 60 radar detectors and they all have a place. Sometimes it’s because they were a bad design but other times it’s because they have very unique characteristics like an old X band only Whistler RE-55 Radar Eye or Senturion being able to pick up and discriminate a CW signal before other detectors of that era could. Or like the Gul Microscan that is extremely directional when it’s hit with a low power radar signal or even SWS radar detectors that display the wrong message. It all depends on the overlying purpose of what you want to show (good, bad, or ugly).

I also test against actual aircraft radars with very sophisticated jammers (RGPO, VGPO, DRFM [coordinated pull], and more) and use the police radar guns versus radar detectors as an unclassified scenario/demonstration.

Radar Fanatic

As much talk going on about the V1 makes me want to try one.
    Just wondering how much different it really is to my X50.

Love my X50 but would like to experience a V1 sometime
    just to see what all the fuss is about.

However, I have this feeling that I would miss the Ramp Up.

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital75
    As much talk going on about the V1 makes me want to try one.
    Just wondering how much different it really is to my X50.

Love my X50 but would like to experience a V1 sometime
    just to see what all the fuss is about.

However, I have this feeling that I would miss the Ramp Up.
    v1 is about as close to the x50 as anything I've had. it's pretty darn good. it's just not AS linear. but it holds its own.