View Poll Results: Why Do You Speed?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have to get somewhere fast!

19 12.58%
  • The limits are too low for my driving skill.

72 47.68%
  • I enjoy the cat and mouse game.

24 15.89%
  • Other, see my post below.

36 23.84%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: So Why Do You Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    I drive the speed I feel comfortable and safe. Sometimes that is the speed limit. Most of the time it isn't.
    ugh i was almost nailed with I/o today at 80 in a 55 guess he didnt see me

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_in_Nashville View Post
    I drive the speed I feel comfortable and safe. Sometimes that is the speed limit. Most of the time it isn't.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    Then you have no choice but to temporarily make the right lane a passing lane. And then of course, they move over after you pass.

I found that driving with headlights on all the time helps people know you are there and at what speed you are closing. They move pretty quickly then. And I'm not talking daytime running lights--the real headlights.
    Man I hate when they don't move over and then I am forced to pass them on the right. And then right after I do, they move over to the right lane. I mean come on people is it to hard to pay attention when you drive and be curtious to the other drivers on the road. Is that to much to ask??????

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb986 View Post
    Man I hate when they don't move over and then I am forced to pass them on the right. And then right after I do, they move over to the right lane. I mean come on people is it to hard to pay attention when you drive and be curtious to the other drivers on the road. Is that to much to ask??????
    Exactly...

All day and night here in WA, people love that left lane even when going slow :-/. I tail them (safely, I follow w/ more distance than most SUVs) then wait for my chance to go around on the right, its ridiculous.

Mobile Installer

i injoy bein hit wit laser/radar and watchin other people get pulled over
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb986 View Post
    Apparently it is too much to ask.

I've actually gotten to the point where if I see a car in the left that I'm coming up on at a good rate and there is room in the right, I simply signal and pass them on the right. Even if they would have moved over, I still would have had to slow down because of the rate at which I'm gaining on them, so what's the point?

I'd love to see how all this is supposed to work somewhere in Europe. I know London wasn't too much different than here on the M25.

Good Citizen

I've actually gotten to the point where if I see a car in the left that I'm coming up on at a good rate and there is room in the right, I simply signal and pass them on the right. Even if they would have moved over, I still would have had to slow down because of the rate at which I'm gaining on them, so wha
    I've gotten in that habit too.. If I'm clipping along I'll just pay attention to them and blow past them on the right, watching their every move.... Then a stream of obscenities will flow from my mouth on why it isn't right that I had to do it, but oh well Some people are just clueless and so much so, they probably don't even notice me anyway.... But I'd sooner not brake, lose momentum and waste fuel getting back up to speed just because some knob is sitting up in the fast last, going the PSL.

hell, some guy was being a prick the other night(similar to someone elses video on here a couple weeks back) and flooring it to the next car then slamming on the brakes and blocking both lanes so I couldn't pass him, forcing me to brake every time. Finally when a merge lane came up I caned it, undercutting him and the poor soul in the slow lane. People like that REALLY piss me off, but it had to be done.

I've actually gotten to the point where if I see a car in the left that I'm coming up on at a good rate and there is room in the right, I simply signal and pass them on the right. Even if they would have moved over, I still would have had to slow down because of the rate at which I'm gaining on them, so what's the point?

I'd love to see how all this is supposed to work somewhere in Europe. I know London wasn't too much different than here on the M25.
    When I see people like you doing that in my rear-view I like to pretend I didn't see them, signal right, and move in front of them. Why not give the driver in the passing lane the benefit of the doubt? In my experience, 80% or so of them will move over quick enough for me to not have to slow down.

Good Citizen

I tend to do my best to not go out of my way to speed. I usually keep it under 75 with a few instances of going over for passing purposes. Not to mention my mileage drops considerably after 75 mph.

-Ryan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scull20 View Post
    I tend to do my best to not go out of my way to speed. I usually keep it under 75 with a few instances of going over for passing purposes. Not to mention my mileage drops considerably after 75 mph.

-Ryan
    Gas is so cheap right now who cares about Mpg