Default Size, shape, material, and coverage:

Some Laser (not radar) questions if you don’t mind

All of my questions are asked in an “All Other Things Being Equal” sort of way, and yes, I know full well that all other things are NEVER equal, but Hey, you know what I mean………..

Does Size matter? Does a small car or motorcycle have a better chance of going undetected by Laser than a larger car or truck?

Does shape matter? Is a flat front car more prone to laser detection than an aerodynamically shaped car? Think Jeep Wrangler vs. Honda Civic here.

How about the material used in the bumper, fenders and hood of any given car? Does plastic offer any advantage as compared to aluminum or steel? How about in the headlights? Is plastic better than glass?

Lastly, do the plastic coated canvas covers that protect the front end of a car from rock chips, nicks and scratches (sometimes called a “Bra”) also protect the car from Laser detection?

Thanks for your opinions everyone

Ray

Administrator

Default Laser

Well from my experience the only thing that matters is the color of the car that you are targeting. A dark colored car is harder to lock on then a light colored car.

As far as size, I can lock onto a motorcycle the same distance as a car by shooting the headlamp
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Newcomer

Default Re: Laser

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    A dark colored car is harder to lock on then a light colored car.
    What about shiny? Is mat black car invisbler than waxed shiny black car?

Administrator

Default Wax

Well this would be an assumption on my part as I never tested it, but I think a shinny black car would be easier to target then non waxed. Guess I got to test this one on my truck sometime soon...

But again, the main target locations, no matter what color the car would be, would be the headlamps or license plate
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer