Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back In

Experienced

Default Back In

A few weeks ago I was in a car crash. I only had a Geo Metro that was my fiancees, so I saw no reason for a radar detector since I couldn't even make it up to the speed limit.

Anyways, we were turning at an intersection with a green beetle coming at us in the TURN LANE. We though they were going to turn, so my fiancee continued to turn onto the next street. They blew through the turn lane and hit me in the passenger seat doing about 50mph. Car was T-Boned. Luckily, I had no injuries. I like to say I beasted the car. The misses had minor injuries (bruised rib from the seatbelt) and is fine now.

The metro kept me safe somehow since the car hit right at my door.

Anyways, we got a new car. A saturn GL2 or something . Today I bought a XTR-695 since I couldn't find the Pro-78 locally. I'm back in the RD scene and might go to a 9500ix so I can be warned of red light cameras.

snoopyc4

Default Re: Back In

welcome back, glad u r safe

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    welcome back, glad u r safe
    X2. Hadn't seen pedobear in a while

Radar Fanatic

Wow, I'm surprised the Metro held up. Those cars are tiny.

An old girlfriend of mine had one, and once when she went out of town I drove it. Floored it to give it enough to get up a big hill and black smoke came pouring out of the tailpipe. LOL, that car sucked.

Glad you are OK.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    X2. Hadn't seen pedobear in a while
    Hehehe... yeah, always good to see that smiling face here. Reminds us of what is truly important in life!

Seriously, good to see you back, Ken. Glad you're both okay. You're like the forth forum member in the last month (including myself) to get into a wreck. Must be good ol' spring fever or something.

Nothing wrong with that Whistler. I'd keep it and add a Cheetah Mirror or C100 for your red light camera protection. It does a better job of it, and the updates are free, unlike with the 9500.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Rob...accident? When? Thread?

Yoda of Radar

No thread. Too embarrassed at the time to publicise it, lol. But I cracked up the front bumper and grille at 10mph on the way to Floridia last month. No biggie. I had a few little rock chips in the bumper and hood, so they needed replacing anyhow!

I know for sure that I was doing 10mph because the radar gun locked at that speed on impact, lol.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

I'll keep it on the DL then...I won't tell a soul, I'll just post it online...I promise.

Speaking of low speeds, at work they said that we have driven like 130,000 miles last year and didn't have any accidents driving forward, but like 12 in reverse, under 2mph, and total distance was under 50 feet.

Experienced

Here's the car

Radar Fanatic

Must be the season for accidents. I was in one during first week of April, getting rear ended at a stop light. My drink spilled everywhere in the car as it was in my hand during impact, but damage to rear bumper buffed right out. Other car needed new front bumper. Any more recent fenders amongst us?