Thread: So What's this?

V1 Zombie

Default So What's this?

Sometime back I posted about a Ka interference I was getting from my car on my V1 while Ka guard was turn off. As it turned out with the advice of a member I tracked it down (using the arrows) to a little device mounted in the front grill of my 350GT-8 (G35). So I disconnected the black power wire off the battery and the problem went away. The vehicle was an import out of Japan so I thought the device was a gate opener or ETC bla bla bla. Until yesterday I never gave this little box another thought. While changing my belts I decide to remove the device... To my surprise when removed written on the back was “Operating Frequencies X. K Twin Band” Having lived in Japan for a few years I’m a wear the local police run X and K band only. My first thought was it’s a remote Radar detector! But then after inspecting the unit some more it only has a fused positive and negative set of wires running from it nothing else? So I have come to the conclusion it’s a jammer. Looking at the pics you may be able to make out it has a horn with a little plate covering the front. To make another guess it must be running full time as well except when the cars turned off, in the past I have spotted at Night it has a small light that comes on after the car switched off, after about 30 seconds the light goes away so it has some sort of timer inside of it. What do you guys think? BTW the cops here only run Ka and the mobile van K band 24.100 GHz and to boot it gives my redline hell and makes my V1 J out real cops so I’m not going to run again that’s for sure.
    IMG_0553.jpgIMG_0554.jpgIMG_0550.jpgIMG_0555.jpgIMG_0556.jpgIMG_0551.jpg
    Last edited by ghz1; 06-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Newcomer

Default Re: So What's this?

IMO it's an old radar detector, mounted remotely. The company has been making RDs a long time. highly doubtful they would build one for just Japan use. The power button would not be intended for use in the engine compartment.
    Last edited by Sinner; 06-30-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo

V1 Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    IMO it's an old radar detector, mounted remotely. The company has been making RDs a long time. highly doubtful they would build one for just Japan use. The power button would not be intended for use in the engine compartment.
    The only thing is no alert device for the driver, no connection to the unit, no cabin device what so ever. That's why I think it was some form of jammer.
    Last edited by ghz1; 07-01-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Does the thing make the ramp meter peg or is it weak?

Newcomer

With jimbonzzz's reply, I looked a little further and found this on the site:

Super Cat RJ-72 D.R.O. Module double superheteroDYNE x - k TWIN BAND RECEIVER TRAP SHOOTING SYSTEM (Wireless Remote Controlled Radar Detector)

Newcomer

It seems that YUPITERU is a Japanese company make GPS devices and "countermeasures" . Some of their devices look really fancy, and if they picked up Ka band and were available with an english interface, I would buy them.

Google Translate

V1 Zombie

Arr so the little Green LED light under the steering wheel must be the alert light. I was thinking it was part of the car alarm...KApro The thing just false alerts the V1( Ka guard off) continuously, depending on the V1's position is depending on the strength of the false alert signal. So at the end of the day it's not the best thing to be driving around with. I'll have a look in the dash and look for the wireless sound box that must be turn down. So it looks like a wireless remote X,K Band radar detector. The car is a 2002 and was Factory Nismo set up and to boot it also looks like they may have put the remote radar detector in as well or may be an after-market add-on. I'm sure someone spent some money back in the day.
    The link that Jim supplied shows the device runs 125/135dbm X band which is very hot is it not?
    h4Or thanks for that been their couldn't find it my wife is Japanese as well but no luck.
    Thank you guy’s problem solved!!!

Radar Fanatic

125/135 db is pretty hot on X band. Now if they only used it......... At least you got it figured out.