Thread: Frequency's

Speed Demon

Default Frequency's

I know Ive asked this and Jimbonzzz gave me this info.

***This only really works on Ka:

33.3 (35.5?)GHz Genesis II
    33.8 GHz MPH BEE III (BEE 36)
    34.70 or 34.94 GHz Stalker ATR
    34.70 Stalker DSR
    34.2 - 35.2 GHz Stalker ATR (freq hopper)

34.3 GHz TMT-6F photo radar/Multanova 6F photo radar
    34.6 GHz PR-100 photo radar
    33.4 GHz photo radar
    34.6 GHz Lockheed Martin photo system ******

I have set my X50 to give me the fequencies when it goes off. I have already caught a Stalker ATR. With it hopping, I thought this was everytime they pressed the button. It was on constant and he had someone pulled over. I looked at the freq and it read 34.666, a couple of seconds later I read it and it said 34.684. There were no other cops around so my guess is it hops throught the whole time its on?

I aslo been recording down K band freq's, is there a list of guns used with K band like Jim posted for Ka?

Thanks

Advanced Member

Default Re: Frequency's

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11

I have set my X50 to give me the fequencies when it goes off. I have already caught a Stalker ATR. With it hopping, I thought this was everytime they pressed the button. It was on constant and he had someone pulled over. I looked at the freq and it read 34.666, a couple of seconds later I read it and it said 34.684. There were no other cops around so my guess is it hops throught the whole time its on?
    Thanks
    It was a Stalker, but it likely wasn't hopping....
    The real frequency was probably in between those two, and the detector "couldn't decide which one it wanted". Or, it is possible that the stalker was right on the edge of one freq and drifted slightly. The Tech display on the RX-65 and 8500 aren't all that accurate, and definitely not out to 1MHz as you would think from looking at the display. I did some evaluating on the Tech Mode in K band in this thread:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ight=tech+mode
    And found that it was only accurate to 16-18 MHz. So for every 100 MHz there was only 7 values. Each of the 7 frequencies were divided by either 16 or 18 MHz, just like 34.666 and 34.684. So these readings are basically right next to each other, but you wouldn't know it from looking at the detector.

There's also some speculation about whether the frequency-hopping gun is really in police hands or not. Roy is supposed to be asking Carl Fors at SML about it:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=hopper
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=hopper

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11
    I aslo been recording down K band freq's, is there a list of guns used with K band like Jim posted for Ka?

Thanks
    Nope, generally all K-Band guns operate at 24.150 +/- 100MHz (there might be some at 25.125), so it could be anywhere between 24.050 and 24.250 and still be within spec. All of the guns are initially set up for 24.150. Any different frequencies you get for K-band are due to units where the frequency has drifted over time. Gunn oscillators are not known for being stable, and can even drift during operation due to changes in temperature etc.

Jim

Speed Demon

Thanks for the info Jim, that clears it up!

[quote]Nope, generally all K-Band guns operate at 24.150 +/- 100MHz (there might be some at 25.125), so it could be anywhere between 24.050 and 24.250 and still be within spec. All of the guns are initially set up for 24.150. Any different frequencies you get for K-band are due to units where the frequency has drifted over time. Gunn oscillators are not known for being stable, and can even drift during operation due to changes in temperature etc.

That is what I recieved from the K band, 24.150

Speed Demon

I get alot of K 24.164ghz not falses. Leo's with radar on.