Lead Foot

Default Will this antenna do the trick?

So I recveived a gift card to that Circuit place and I need a somewhat decent CB antenna. I know Wilson is the best but since it's now free, will this one do the trick? I really only use the CB on trips (it's just a regular mounted Cobra basic CB unit)... thanks!

Cobra 300 Watt Antenna for CB Radio (HGA1500)
    Or instead of that antenna and my basic unit, would this set up below get any range by itself in my car without any additional antenna?

Cobra HH Roadtrip Mini Handheld CB Radio (HHROADTRIP)
    Last edited by Super Dave; 06-22-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Experienced

since you already have a base i would just buy that whip... youre gonna have a lot more range with the antenna and your basic cb than with that little hand-held one and the antenna that comes along with it. And im confused by that website because it says in the headline thats it's rated to 300 watts, but in the specifications it says up to 500 watts. although im skeptical that youre gonna hook an amp up to it, you should remember that you typically cut what the manufacturer says is the maximum in half, and thats the maximum power you run on it. for example, 300 watts can only go up to 150 or for a 500 watt only go up to 250

Lead Foot

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I am leaning towards just getting that antenna - I saw the 300 / 500 amp thing too and wondered what that was...probably typical Cobra advertising.