Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Hardwire V1 and Cheetah C50

[ame=http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/scabface77/?action=view&current=DSCN1889.flv][/ame]

it is pretty well hidden, let me know if you think i should move the v1 somewhere else.

thanks to LAC_STS for helping me out!

Speed Demon

Default Re: Hardwire V1 and Cheetah C50

That setup is friggin sweet! Very clean, one of the nicest I've seen. I take it by mounting the C50 on the steering column, it doesn't have to "see" the road the same way a RD does, correct? It just links up via GPS and sees the road even though it's not level with the road. I'm going to mount my C50 in the same spot in my car. My C50 is on its way.

Radar Fanatic

jammers next?

Professional

Why not have the V1 on the driver's side of the mirror, so you can see the visual alerts and access the button more easily?

Why not put the C50 where the V1 is on the right side of the mirror, as you mainly need audible alerts from it instead of visual?

Someone walking by the car can see the C50 on the column, and it will attract attention.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Why not have the V1 on the driver's side of the mirror, so you can see the visual alerts and access the button more easily?

Why not put the C50 where the V1 is on the right side of the mirror, as you mainly need audible alerts from it instead of visual?

Someone walking by the car can see the C50 on the column, and it will attract attention.
    Drivers side might interfere with the use of the visor.

The C50 is on a magnetic base so it is easily removed.

Speed Demon

i ordered the full colored concealed display, sorry i did not clarify that ha, it should be here soon. and yes LI DUAL jammers next then when i get some more cheddar i get the two rear heads. also i have 5 percent tint, no one can see the cheetah its really dark! also the cheetah c50 only comes with a magnetic puck and does not mount up with anything like suction cups, but honestly i like the current location of it because the visual and the sound, it also lets you know how close you are to the red light or speed trap. and the cheetah is an awesome product, i didn't order the hardwire kit from them tho, i just went and bout two add-a-fuses from auto parts store and 1 of those cigarette lighters hardwired both to the two fuse boxes in the back seat and grounded them on the chassis up front. works and looks great took about 1.5 hours and i have a good amount of experience with wiring. total install cost me about 20 bucks, if i would of went to best buy they wanted to charge me 80 for the install on the V1 and 100 for the install on the cheetah. ha saved some money so im rewarding myself with the colored display.

Radar Fanatic

holy crap 5% tint. what's the tint laws in texas?? and obviously people can't see in.. but can you see OUT?

Speed Demon

the law is the back window and rear windows can be as dark as 5 %, and the front windows can be as dark as 35%. i can see perfectly fine haha. my friend has a m3 and he has 1 percent limo tint all around except the windshield. i have to roll down the windows at night to see around me.....but yeah 5% isnt that hard to see out of...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Char1iebrown View Post
    the law is the back window and rear windows can be as dark as 5 %, and the front windows can be as dark as 35%. i can see perfectly fine haha. my friend has a m3 and he has 1 percent limo tint all around except the windshield. i have to roll down the windows at night to see around me.....but yeah 5% isnt that hard to see out of...
    It's not hard to see out of during the day yes.. but you have to roll the windows down at night.. so it IS hard to see out of haha. I have about 10% all around, and it took me a while to get used to it. if it's raining hard it's a bit of a challenge.

1%? i didnt even know they made that..

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Drivers side might interfere with the use of the visor.
    The C50 is on a magnetic base so it is easily removed.
    I would expect the V1 could be mounted so that it does not interfere with use of the visor. I know mine is. Also, there is a visor on the passenger side also, and apparently no interference there.

Even if the C50 could be taken out of the car every time you get out of it, I sure wouldn't want to have to mess with it.

I understand wanting to see the display of the Cheetah though. I'd be more concerned about placement of the V1 than of the Cheetah.