Speed Demon

Default Blinder M37 / M47 on 2010 Ford Fusion - Woohoo!

I got a M27 and M47 to make two M37 kits. Rear is finished now. I did not like the look at all of the head sticking out past the center brake light trim piece. The big black head surrounded by white looked too after market and would draw attention to it if a LEO saw it. That would not be good in CA. Could not think of any other place to put it either. So I got a 48" piece of 1 x 1 x 1/16" MD aluminum angle (from Lowe's sku # 043374608557) to extend the brake light trim piece down and flush mount the head behind it. Note that this requires that you cut a hole in your truck for the head to fit. I also drilled out the license plate screw hole to drop the license plate about 1/4" to clear the head.

Overall I think this looks very OEM and would not be noticed by anyone. My camera formatted my SD card that had the build photos. Not too hard to do but time consuming making sure all the measurements are perfect, and very carefully cutting the slot for the head on the aluminum. Note that the slot is smaller than the head so that only the part of the head that is rounded sticks into the slot. Used Dremel too to cut slot.

I temporarily mounted the front heads using foam tape next to the plate. I will be moving them into the slot in the grill this weekend when I have time. They are perfectly lined up just using tape in the current location. That was a quickie mount to test the unit. Worked like a charm to JTG with my PLII gun. So I expect it will be even stronger when moved into the grill area. I think it will also the better hidden in the grill than next to the plate. Won't know for sure until I start playing with it and cutting into some plastic.

Do you guys think the current front position is fine or would you go ahead and move it to the lower slot of the upper grill? I mounted a fake anti-reflective plate to the front. Hate front plates but don't want to give LEO any reason to pull me over as they are required here.

If I have enough time I will make a front and rear plate cover using my laser absorbing film. That should almost complete the Fusion project! I probably will repaint my grill black to better hide the heads and because I like the look. It was black a while ago but the paint was not good and started to chip. I stripped off the paint but no time yet to repaint with better primer and paint. Next is a 2001 Lexus LS430 which I think will be quite a bit trickier.

(Test fit before cutting slot for head.)

(Aluminum mounted to trunk trim piece. Slots are there to allow metal to bend to curvature of trunk. Slots also cut for plate lights.)

(Before shot showing original rear end.)

(Blinder M27 / M47 3 way switch for parking assist / normal mode selection.)

(Blinder M27 / M47 LED next to Passport 9500ix remote.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 904nm; 02-11-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder M37 / M47 on 2010 Ford Fusion

Some of those pictures don't work.

and i wouldn't expect that single head to save you. i would think 2 heads on the front of your fusion would be enough?

EDIT: i re read your post again.. is there supposed to be three heads on the back? am i blind :-O?

Advanced Member

I would not trust a single rear head on the back of your car....Aiming at the plate might be jam from gun BUT if the officer moves slightly away from the licence plate which he will you will suffer punchthrough

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

I saw a review video on the M27 / M47 and a single head in the rear worked better than a twin rear head setup from the prior Blinder model. In the 2008 Guys of LIDAR jammer shootout the Kustom Prolaser II and the Traffipatrl XR were the only 2 guns to punch through the LI setup.

[url[http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html[/url]

So I'm guessing my PL2 gun is hard to jam. With that being the case, if my PL2 can't punch through I think I may be okay on the rear. But I will do several passes to test it out. I'm also going to put on a rear plate cover to absorb the laser light as the CA plates are very reflective. I want to test it first without the plate covered, and then add the cover as additional protection. In any case, 1 head is better than none. But I may add a second head to the rear if testing shows there is punch through.

aa2033 - I only have 2 heads up font. I combined a M27 and M47 to make two M37 units (3 heads total for 2 cars.) Are some of the photo links dead in the post?

Radar Fanatic

Ohhh two m37 for TWO cars. i thought it was M37 for front, M37 for back. i got you.

Me and minati tested a single head on the back and it was pretty awful. The problem is, yes, it will cover the license plate, but since the beam is so wide at a distance, and the LEO will shake when they shoot, it's that inaccuracy that will screw you.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    Ohhh two m37 for TWO cars. i thought it was M37 for front, M37 for back. i got you.

Me and minati tested a single head on the back and it was pretty awful. The problem is, yes, it will cover the license plate, but since the beam is so wide at a distance, and the LEO will shake when they shoot, it's that inaccuracy that will screw you.
    You tested a M27 / M47 single head in the back? Oh man, I don't want to cut and trim another piece of aluminum to do the trim piece again! Will test my setup this weekend...