Good Citizen

Default First Impressions

Expensive! Holy smokes. Sorry Roy, i went direct because i couldn't wait.

I've had V1, Beltronics Magnum and Passport 8500, among some older ones in the past. I bought this one because of the performance in the RALETC, need for stealth, and desire for directional alerting. New car = new hardware.

Installation = 9. Easy with USB connectors between components. Some of the components have holes to drill screws but i opted for cable ties. (I didn't realize how much a pain it would be to get power from the BMW's because the power is computer controlled. Also, spray rust protection gets everywhere.) Stinger has been very responsive to my questions.

Range = 10. I've run some tests along known areas. It seems slightly better than the V1 and much better than the Beltronics.

Stealth = 10. It's still early but i have passed many LEO's. The cockpit display also keeps things hidden. I also like the feature to erase the software.

Laser Counter measure = tbd. I don't have experience with this aspect. I've used Veil and the lidar detection on the radar detectors but have a few tickets. (Both are not very effective IMO.) It is set for a 2 second jam but am not quite sure if that will tip off LEO that they are being jammed or if they will assume that there is a normal acquisition error. I'd like to hear if the expectation is that speed tracking is assumed to be instant or delayed.

Other upgrades...changed the external speaker to bluetooth transmitter to connect directly to radio. The display is relatively small.

Still learning about the product and will update later.

Speed Demon

Default Re: First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by quandary View Post
    Expensive! Holy smokes. Sorry Roy, i went direct because i couldn't wait.

I've had V1, Beltronics Magnum and Passport 8500, among some older ones in the past. I bought this one because of the performance in the RALETC, need for stealth, and desire for directional alerting. New car = new hardware.

Installation = 9. Easy with USB connectors between components. Some of the components have holes to drill screws but i opted for cable ties. (I didn't realize how much a pain it would be to get power from the BMW's because the power is computer controlled. Also, spray rust protection gets everywhere.) Stinger has been very responsive to my questions.

Range = 10. I've run some tests along known areas. It seems slightly better than the V1 and much better than the Beltronics.

Stealth = 10. It's still early but i have passed many LEO's. The cockpit display also keeps things hidden. I also like the feature to erase the software.

Laser Counter measure = tbd. I don't have experience with this aspect. I've used Veil and the lidar detection on the radar detectors but have a few tickets. (Both are not very effective IMO.) It is set for a 2 second jam but am not quite sure if that will tip off LEO that they are being jammed or if they will assume that there is a normal acquisition error. I'd like to hear if the expectation is that speed tracking is assumed to be instant or delayed.

Other upgrades...changed the external speaker to bluetooth transmitter to connect directly to radio. The display is relatively small.

Still learning about the product and will update later.
    @quandary : FYI
    Using the "personal" is no longer appropriate.....Mr. Reyer has left this world, may he R.I.P.